Omega Constellation Watch Band Clasp

Zed

So my beautiful Omega Constellation watch's band clasp pusher is stuck (the thing you push on to release the clasp). I think its because the springs inside of it are either bent or broken. 

I took it to a watch repair shop and they said they'll need to replace it. So I figured i'll just replace it myself so I went on ebay and found one that looks exactly like mine (i'm not going to link it because i'm not sure if i'm allowed to, please let me know if i am so i can link it). But when i looked at the pictures, i noticed that the numbers on the clasp are different to mine. I also took a picture of MY busted clasp's numbers which I have attached.

Their one says 45   HAA  and my one says  37   1BC

So my question to you is, will this new one fit on mine? 

Thank you!

Regards
Z

75d1879e-96af-4f79-8e78-36c0752ad78a.jpg

New.PNG

Is it a genuine Omega bracelet that you have?

They are always numbered, mine is the same and it says 1315/282.

Not sure but I think the first part is the bracelet style and the second part is the end fitting which goes into the watch.

You have to look at the part which is against your skin to see it.

Also before you spend a load of money have a look the part you press in to release, mine has a screw so that you can get the slider out then the spring. You may be able to repair it quite simply.

Can you do some more photos which show the whole of the bracelet and both sides of the buckle.

• Like 1

@Alaskamick Yes, my Omega Bracelet is genuine, it has other numbers on the .. slidy bit, it sayss 1552/862  STAINLESS STEEL. I have attached 2 photos of what you asked for. 

Thank you again for your help! There's a little screw right where the pusher is - is that the screw you're talking about?

5789b154-fa9a-4653-9ce5-3866e5082549.jpg

a161597e-c607-483f-9bb6-8ad529d82fc8.jpg

Slightly different to mine but I can see the screw on the pusher which you mentioned.

I'm sure that if you take that one out then the pusher will slide out together with what ever type of spring is in there.

I you post a picture of the dis-assembled bits someone may have a suggestion how to fix it.

You can't do any harm to it.

If you can't make a spring you may be able to swop the bits from the one on Ebay.

Keep us in the picture:)

@Alaskamick So... some bad news. I tried to disassemble it using the right tools... but the screw disentegrated when i tried to unscrew it. The bit where you put the mini screwdriver (the one for watches) with the edges, one of the edges snapped so i cant turn the screwdriver anymore! 
I'm devestated. Does that mean my only hopes of fixing my watch is replacing it? If so, given that the number of the one on ebay is 1551/861 versus mine that says 1552/862 ... will it fit on mine?

Regards

The buckle is a separate part from the bracelet so all that matters is the length of the tubes on the ends of it.

if they are the same size you can take the one off the bracelet you buy and fit it to your own. That will keep the watch original.

You will have to contact the seller and ask for an exact measurement.

Can you post the Ebay item no. here please.

Edited by Alaskamick

28 minutes ago, Zed said:

@Alaskamick So... some bad news. I tried to disassemble it using the right tools... but the screw disentegrated when i tried to unscrew it. The bit where you put the mini screwdriver (the one for watches) with the edges, one of the edges snapped so i cant turn the screwdriver anymore! 

It would have been wise to stop as soon the screw didn't budge, then apply penetrating oil and wait. 
It should be possible to remove it with a tool like https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000191064648.html
The screw, likely of the grub type, can be made from regular one, cutting a new slot.
The above is watchmaker's work really. You have been just unlucky that the shop where you went initially is incompetent and greedy .

4 minutes ago, Zed said:

@jdm Sigh, that is unfortunate - i wont be returning back to that watch shop. Do you suggest I visit another and hope they will be able to replace the springs without too much of a hastle/ expense? 

As I said that's work for a real watchmaker, not jeweller / mall booth shop, etc. You will have to find one and he will have to fairly charge for his time.