Help finding a replacement part

I am trying to find a watch part for a Citizen Eco-Drive, movement no. 0850A.  The part no is 087-105 - "Minute wheel and pinion [II]"

The watch is over 20 years old and from what I'm seeing, most parts are unavailable.  But I thought I'd check to see if anyone could help, as my knowledge in this field is even smaller than the part I'm looking for.

16 minutes ago, Chopin said:

That part might be interchangeable with a few othe movements, just in case it helps. Not always like that but sometimes the same part is used in a couple of movements.

Do you have a photo of it ?

I'm hoping it's interchangeable like you said.

Unfortunately I don't have a photo, because I'm an idiot...I lost the part.  I went over the floor with my bare hands more than a few times on the weekend.  So mad at myself for this.  I was not prepared as I should've been when I opened the watch.

This is the closest I have to a pic.  I'm not even sure what color it is.  

087-105.png

Thanks fellas.  I'm pretty sure it's plastic.  My wife suggested putting a sock over a vacuum hose and trying that.  I keep my room really clean...I thought...until I got down with a flashlight, LOL.  The only thing interesting I found so far is a staple. 

3 minutes ago, Bluesrider said:

Thanks fellas.  I'm pretty sure it's plastic.  My wife suggested putting a sock over a vacuum hose and trying that.  I keep my room really clean...I thought...until I got down with a flashlight, LOL.  The only thing interesting I found so far is a staple. 

It really is amazing how far things can travel, I was talking to a Watchmaker a few months back and he told me he lost a complete balance in his workshop and has still not found it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Quote: No doubt I will find it when I retire and take all my work benches down.

I seem to be confused today? Would it be possible to attach the tech sheet you're getting the part number from? The reason for this I looked on a site to get a cross reference but the number doesn't agree with what you have? Then I am attaching a parts sheet and the number doesn't agree with what's on this sheet?

c0850a-mw.JPG

Citizen 0850.pdf

I called Citizen in California, and they do have part 087-105 in stock.

However 085A has no part of that number.

Now If you are talking about the Minute wheel and Pinion for a 0850A, it is part 072-1050

If you are talking about the Intermediate for second wheel it is part 087-1020 and Citizen has both in stock.

Here is a list of all parts https://boley.de/en/caliber/watchmovements/citizen/2047

6 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

I seem to be confused today? Would it be possible to attach the tech sheet you're getting the part number from? The reason for this I looked on a site to get a cross reference but the number doesn't agree with what you have? Then I am attaching a parts sheet and the number doesn't agree with what's on this sheet?

c0850a-mw.JPG

Citizen 0850.pdf 2.17 MB · 3 downloads

John, you have the correct tech sheet, but look on the left side of the page (blue in my attachment)

Wheel.jpg

5 hours ago, RAT said:

I called Citizen in California, and they do have part 087-105 in stock.

However 085A has no part of that number.

Now If you are talking about the Minute wheel and Pinion for a 0850A, it is part 072-1050

If you are talking about the Intermediate for second wheel it is part 087-1020 and Citizen has both in stock.

Here is a list of all parts https://boley.de/en/caliber/watchmovements/citizen/2047

RAT, it is 0850A.  As mentioned in previous post, the part I need is 087-105.  Elsewhere in the tech sheet, it is listed as "Minute wheel and pinion [II]" 1963220447_Mvmtno.jpg.4ce163b660d3e4e3c8e82118013db2c3.jpg

It never even occurred to me to just call Citizen.  That's excellent news if they have it!  That means I can stop crawling around on the floor with a flashlight, LOL.

Edited by Bluesrider

OK, NOW I'm confused.  I went back and looked at the chart, and as you said, not 087-105 for the 0850A movement.  That part goes in the 0870 movement.  The blowup graphic of the parts shows the 087-105 for my movement.

So here's what I'm thinking...if that doesn't go to my movement, maybe I never actually lost a wheel?  But it seems like there is a place on my movement for one more wheel.  A total of 11 in the graphic for the side of the watch I'm working on, but I only have 10 wheels.  My head hurts...

Chart.JPG

Edited by Bluesrider

On 12/3/2019 at 11:57 PM, jdm said:

Do they sell to individuals?

No they do not sell to individuals, however I am an authorized Citizen USA dealer so with a simple phone call I have access to parts and technical information.