The Bronx & Manhattan says hello!

BronxWatchman

Hello everyone! I'm a 55 year old watch enthusiast in New York City who loves to watch how-to videos like the one's Mark posts in his YouTube channel (a must for newbies!), and read about the art and science that goes into watch pieces. Besides the replacing batteries and bracelets for my friends, about a month ago took my first formal class at the Horological Society of New York (hs-ny.org), where we worked on a mechanical watch, and now I am really hooked! I already got my hands on a 6497 to disassemble & assemble back. I have a small collection of about 7 mechanical watches, including an Orient dress watch, and my pride and joy, a 1964 gold manual Longines wristwatch my dad left me. Looking forward to spreading the word about the wonderful world of horology!

Very happy to finally join this place! :)

BRONX AND MANHATTAN? You can't  be from both..two different  worlds. Unless of course you lived on the McCombs dam bridge..I always  wondered  if that  was  a typo.Any way welcome. Incase  you're  wondering  ,born in Queens. Raised on Long Island. Commuted for 25 years...my actual  place of residence  was  the L.I.E.

Edited by yankeedog

32 minutes ago, yankeedog said:

BRONX AND MANHATTAN? You can't  be from both..two different  worlds. Unless of course you lived on the McCombs dam bridge..I always  wondered  if that  was  a typo.Any way welcome. Incase  you're  wondering  ,born in Queens. Raised on Long Island. Commuted for 25 years...my actual  place of residence  was  the L.I.E.

Oh the LIE - may happy memories there driving from Columbia to St Johns and than over to Brooklyn Poly tech. Of course I also had Mahattan college, Fordam, Queens Community, Hofstra,  and not to forget "Simply Heaven" chicken and ribs on 170 and amsterdam!

I bet we past each other many times on those road  ways!

Just now, yankeedog said:

Obviously  going in different directions..I was the guy in the left  lane with his foot  on the floor...wide open throttle  or jamming on the  brakes..driving 70 mph ten feet  behind someone  is completely  normal...I remember  the guy  with the shack  on the BQE.It wasn't  until  he put up Christmas  lights  that they made him take it down.