Walsa watch

It is a 866  the only other marks I can see is on the inside of the case 815477, i presume the last two numbers depict the year of manufacturing.  

Debating if it should get restored, the movement is ok except its running like a steam train and the back cover and crown are down to the brass, a few scratches on the crystal and a new denim strap.  Not too much work I supose  

1 hour ago, Redwood said:

the movement is ok except its running like a steam train

Assuming the hairspring is concentric, and the balance pivots are still intact,  then the most likely cause of it running poorly is dirt, so yes, clean it, or get it cleaned and lubricate it and it will probably be fine.

Given the 866 series' simplicity of construction, I suspect you can get away with removing the balance hands and dial, and cleaning the rest without disassembly, a bit like a Timex. The ones I have looked at recently, I had to strip as there were parts that needed replacing, or in one case, I needed to construct one movement from a bunch of junk movements.

Donor movements are easy to pick up for a few bucks on ebay if it does require parts, but the single bridge design does make it a little fiddly to disassemble and put back together. Patience, a gentle touch,  and persistence pays off.

On 12/1/2019 at 1:15 PM, AndyHull said:

Assuming the hairspring is concentric, and the balance pivots are still intact,  then the most likely cause of it running poorly is dirt, so yes, clean it, or get it cleaned and lubricate it and it will probably be fine.

Given the 866 series' simplicity of construction, I suspect you can get away with removing the balance hands and dial, and cleaning the rest without disassembly, a bit like a Timex. The ones I have looked at recently, I had to strip as there were parts that needed replacing, or in one case, I needed to construct one movement from a bunch of junk movements.

Donor movements are easy to pick up for a few bucks on ebay if it does require parts, but the single bridge design does make it a little fiddly to disassemble and put back together. Patience, a gentle touch,  and persistence pays off.

Hair spring bent in various places and touching balance bridge, straightened it out a bit but still not right so I've ordered a new one from cousins  

fiddly getting the pin pallet bridge back in place :chainsaw: