rduckwor

1959 Elgin Harper

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Hi    I Have attached the C153 tech sheets , they may be of some use If you decide to delve into the works.      Cheers. C153A.pdf
    • Hi Looks very nice ,It will be a collectors item now.
    • Hi in my advanced years all of them!!!!!!.  No not quite
    • To date, what is the most difficult and frustrating watch movement that you have had to reassemble? Personally, my choice (So far)  would be the Harley Ronda 726 chronograph. After stripping, cleaning, and reassembly, I discovered that the circuit was faulty and was in need of replacement.  Luckily, I found one in Los Angeles USA. The circuit is buried deep inside, so a couple of layers have  to be removed in order to get at it. Lining everything up, after, is where the nightmare begins. Honestly, what a totally frustrating experience and how these things are ever designed and made in the first instance, is way beyond me! A beautiful watch, though, and the rewards after competion make the effort well worth it. Well, over to you, what is your nightmare?  
    • Here are the timegrapher readings for dial down (181)and up (280) Same lubrication as before I haven't cleaned it yet. Something very bad is happening when dial down. I have not seen a difference so big in these two positions before. I moved the beat corrector all the way over as well. The watch is also stopping when turned dial down. I can start it again by hacking the balance and pushing the crown back in (sometimes) . Any suggestions? I don't think this watches issues are related to lubrication but what are your thoughts I might be wrong.