Spaceview yellow dot crystal

Stevelp

Hi all!  So I have always been a fan of the Spaceview Accutrons so when one came up for sale in my small town I thought I would take advantage of the opportunity.  Overall I would say the watch is in decent condition, but scratched crystals tend to get to me a little bit.  Just curious if someone might have the part number for the original yellow dot crystal as I don't want to put a reproduction on.  Also, I see a lot of the yellow dot crystals for sale that say they are luminous and mine does not seem to be.  Did some have the luminous crystal and some not?

ACCUTRON.jpg

I have had success as well with things like polywatch.  I figured because the inner workings on the accutron are so interesting and tend to be a focal point all of the somewhat deeper scratches that are left behind to me would still feel kinda obvious.   

That is certainly a plastic crystal and can be polished perfectly as a matter of general maintenance, if it's original it would be a travesty to change it out. Gorgeous watch and yes some models were luminous and some were yellow painted. Don't change it, they're different models and all original configurations are relatively rare. I'd rather have that one with a nicely polished orig crystal than with an nos crystal that's two weeks away from looking like the one you just polished anyway. :) 

• Like 1

vinn3 you are absolutely  right it is acrylic.   I know some people say that scratches and bumps and such add to the watches character and patina and I don't debate that but if I can I like to start fresh.  But being a bit more or a rarity I think I will give polywatch a go and see what kind of result I can get.  Upon inspection it seems that this crystal has the painted dots and not the luminous dots.  Ill keep you posted on the results.  Thanks everyone for the input!