Another Modern Today

rustycolt

Yes, I know it's another quartz, but it's quiet to the point of boredom in the office today, and this happens to be what went on my wrist this morning.  :sleep:  

More utility than art, Timex drew me into their "Intelligent Quartz" line with some really interesting complications. They offer this one in numerous fits and finishes, and it's hardly a rare model. This is the T2N722 incarnation.

In addition to timekeeping, it has a thermometer mode which measures ambient temperature (remove from wrist for accuracy), an electronic compass which I have found to be usably accurate, and a tide indicator which can be calibrated to your geographic location. 

Comfortable, useful, and Indilgo backlighting that you could read a book by. I still equate the Timex name to rugged, "please flog me unapologetically" toughness, and I love that about it. I'll always remember a story told to me by an uncle about a Timex he owned during the peak of the "takes a licking and keeps on ticking" campaign. During an honest day's labour, his watch ended up badly mangled and in dozens of pieces after a run-in with some heavy equipment. It was only his sense of humour which caused him to collect the pieces he was able to find, and return them to Timex in an envelope with a letter stating that "...this son of a b***h took a licking and now it's stopped ticking!"

Two weeks later he received a brand new replacement free of charge from Timex. 

post-456-0-00839000-1420230000_thumb.jpg

post-456-0-03746600-1420229767_thumb.jpe

Beautiful watch rustycolt, I wasn't familiar with that line from timex. I believe they are pretty good watches for the money and everyday use. I own a few and often take one (my beater) to work. Those and my Casios are my everyday wear!

Cheers,

Bob

Hello Rusty,

The watch...well uhm, yeah its complicated all right! I think the photoreceptors in my eye would become saturated to blindness with that much indiglo backlighting, but I like the temp. function and how can you say "no" to FIVE hands on the dial!! Thanks for sharing.

P.S. That story about your uncle is terrific!

JC