Glass removing pump

Alaskamick

I know that the Glass Removing Pump is a good way to get domed crystals off front access watches to do a quick repair on the fingers but has anyone had experience of them and will they work with Seiko flat glasses which are pressed in.

They are not cheap but if ok could save loads of time.

U can use a large syringe instead of a pump. Put a piece of plastic bag like a ziplock bag over the crowntube and then the syringe over that . But use only on acrylic glasses. If you use it on mineral they could break. i have never seen a Seiko though  with such crystal. If they are front loaded they have a crystal retaining ring to hold the crystal in place. 

29 minutes ago, jdm said:

Which Seiko glasses exacly? If the watch has a removable case back, use a press not a pump.

I just thought it would be easier to use a Pump rather than fetching off the Back, Stem + Case Clamps then pressing out the crystal and having to do it all in reverse to put it back together.

No particular Seiko but I have done a couple recently with flat glasses that press in and out.

8 minutes ago, Alaskamick said:

I just thought it would be easier to use a Pump rather than fetching off the Back, Stem + Case Clamps then pressing out the crystal and having to do it all in reverse to put it back together.

No particular Seiko but I have done a couple recently with flat glasses that press in and out.

On even a 60m WR watch I don't think the glass would pop out as the gasket keeps it in place tightly.

To use a pump you have to remove caseback and stem, then refit the caseback but on Seiko 5 and divers (no casing tabs) the mov't would come out that point. Then to refit the glass a press is needed anyway.

That's why you should use a glass not a pump when the caseback can be removed.

• Like 1