1790 Longcase clock

clockboy

It is solid to the wall so no movement was possible. He suspects his cleaner had got a bit over zealous opened the door and the cleaning cloth got tangled. The vid was after my adjustments.The customer has been using a pro clock repairer for many years who has now retired.  Also he has a lot of clocks that need attention so plenty of work afoot when I have time. 

• Like 1

On 11/25/2019 at 7:09 PM, watchweasol said:

Hi  They are magnificent things long case clocks, I have not got the room for one, besides the misses cant stand the tick tock. Does not appreciate the mechanics.

My misses is the same, she also can't stand all the ticking, I love it!!!

Len

On 11/25/2019 at 7:09 PM, watchweasol said:

Hi  They are magnificent things long case clocks, I have not got the room for one, besides the misses cant stand the tick tock. Does not appreciate the mechanics.

Same, I have clocks ticking and chiming in my little room but have to silence them because the wife moans at how much noise they make 

• Like 1

chimeing  Vs ticking;   it is easy to learn to live with "ticking".   chimes are another story.   some of those ships clocks chimes can be heard when you are outside mowing the lawn.  just for the lady of the house,  i let the chimes run down.   as far as feminism goes,  THAT was my X vaccuuming wilst I ate breckfast.    vin