Eco-Drive capacitor replacement

I have the watch shown in the pics, which I purchased in 1998.  The capacitor has been slowing down for years and finally won't hold charge.  (Pretty amazed it lasted this long).  All the videos I see online about replacing an Eco-Drive capacitor look similar to a typical battery replacement, but this one's buried.  After getting the back cover off, I removed 3 screws which I hoped would allow the matal cover to be removed, but it looks like there's a lot more to it.

This one may be above my pay grade, but I wanted to ask, maybe there's something simple that I'm missing.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Watch (3).jpg

Watch (2).jpg

Watch (1).jpg

You are going to have to take that back plate off but you've done the right thing stopping when you were unsure.

We need to try and find the movement reference. This is probably around the area I have marked in your picture - I just just about mae out Citizen and Japan but there's too much shine on it to see a number reference. When replying also include a copy of the case back as that can sometimes have useful information stamped on it.

image.png.6f3480d80c860df8daaf498a3482341a.png

• Like 1

If you  remove the module from the case (stem release is clearly marked, a good Japanese habit) you will be able work more comfortably using a mov't holder ($2) and clean thoroughly the stem tube and crown, and lightly lubricate the stem body (Moebious HP-1300) and gasket (silicone grease), that's always good to do. 

Well, thanks all for the help.  Unfortunately this endeavor was doomed from the get go, way out of my league.  A friend of mine, who actually is a professional watch repair guy, sent me a tech sheet with the numbered steps to disassemble & reassemble the watch.  You have to remove the face, hands, etc, a total of about 20 steps on both sides of the movement, before getting the capacitor out correctly.  i was able to get it out, but not able t get the new one in without removing additional parts, and then I went too far, which resulted in tiny wheels lying all over the place.  I spent a couple hours on it, but hit a wall.  

I have no idea if this is something Citizen would put back together without charging me an arm and a leg or what.  Not a crisis, it's just a watch.  I'm just disappointed I wasn't able to do this.