Just wanting to know.

I am sorry if this upsets some people but I am curious. Does it bother you when you buy a high end watch (Omega, Tag Heuer, etc) just to find out it has a movement you could get in a lower priced watch? What is more important to you, the name, or the quality of the watch? If I get the same movement in an Invicta why but a Tag?

Ive written about this numerous times. Be careful....the tag and Oris lovers will pounce on you when you compare their $3000 diver watch to an invicta......they dont like being made out to be a fool. They will regurgitate the koolaid in a hearbeat. Stand by. As far as Omega....at least they do some secondary work. Ive seen the void on a 7750 between low to high be as much as 10 grand. Its nuuuuuuuts.  

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This is a similar problem I personally have with Movado. There is an overall cheapness (in my opinion) to them. They are basically plain and featureless and use the most basic of quartz movements. The few automatics they offer uses the midland, though reliable ETA movement (2428-2). At least brands like Invicta know they're cheap! lol. When I think Movado, I'm never inspired with quality.

It's about branding. The same goes for many items such as cars ie a many Skoda's actually have a VW engine. Many watches have Eta movements which are owned by Swatch, Bremont brands its watches itself as British made but I noticed many have the Eta 7750 movement fitted. 

Hi Clockboy  Its been going on for years, It was known as badge tecnology there are many watches/clocks out there using known makes of movements branded by others. Many movements we made under the eubauches stamp and fitted to a lot of brands. In the computer trade it happened as well, and as you mentioned the car trade, I once had a vauxhaul with an Izuzu engine, and a Ford capri with a german engine although the car was build in Dagenham Uk . Common practise.

Def not a fan of mavodos either. I read all about this at one point but basically (i think) at some point durring the 70s when the digital watch came on the scene the mechanical manufacturers were taking a beating. When the dust finally settled the only one left was eta who pretty much bought all the other manufacturers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk