How to remove this bezel?

Lc130

Hi All

I'm a beginner.  I've been unusually successful in bringing this AS 1950/51 back to life (just dirty and oily).  I now want to polish out the crystal scratches.  How do I safely remove the bezel so it's not impacted?   I've not done this before.  Bezel still twists and looks like there's a plastic ring underneath. 

Do I just pry at that notch with a screw driver?  How do you get it back on?  This is not a necessity.  So if any risk, I won't attempt it.

Thank you

Charlie

IMG_4200.thumb.JPG.2388fd810620e2dcbb28076aaa8ef9a4.JPG

IMG_4199.thumb.JPG.619f19a269eec51c8a132336fd51d26b.JPG

You should use a case knife not a screwdriver.

Be careful when prying not to insert the knife blade too much or fiddle it around as you might break the parts inside/underneath the bezel. (usually there's either a steel spring wire part or a steel flat circle and they're a bit fragile).

On 11/24/2019 at 4:09 PM, Chopin said:

You should use a case knife not a screwdriver.

Be careful when prying not to insert the knife blade too much or fiddle it around as you might break the parts inside/underneath the bezel. (usually there's either a steel spring wire part or a steel flat circle and they're a bit fragile).

Thank you!

12 minutes ago, saswatch88 said:

case knife or ebay has bezel removers for like $30 they work like a charm

No need to get a full blown tool if chances are it will be used 2 times in life. Especially on old watches rotating bezel are generally quite lose.
A Seiko style case knife is $2, I got all 4 just because. 

20 minutes ago, jdm said:

No need to get a full blown tool if chances are it will be used 2 times in life. Especially on old watches rotating bezel are generally quite lose.
A Seiko style case knife is $2, I got all 4 just because. 

i personally like the ones that are not hand held, simple because it limits the chance of slips which could damage a case. they have a 4 bladed one which os great because its lifts the bezel of evenly, which is best for bezels that dont have a little indent to get under it. the single bladed one is the same as what you posted, and you can change the blades.

1 minute ago, saswatch88 said:

for bezels that dont have a little indent to get under it. 

On these, e.g. Seiko, just rotate a tiny bit until the spring will be pushing the bezel up and locate the spot with most light. You will be able to insert then a lot more easily.