Happy New Year!

Hello Mark,

Hope I have not transgressed too much with my new posting. I came to the forum through your Videos about watches and if it had been clocks I would probably not be here oddly, so I am glad it was watches originally.

Seems like a reasonable idea to me to have a little corner for clocks even though it is not my primary interest I always like looking into other stuff like electronics and electroplating etc. This clock is a one off (probably ?) for me and I have not got a scooby what I am about.  I am treating it like a big watch and that may be my undoing.  I know that there is an interest in clocks generally from conversations I have had or read from George, Bob, Will and obviously Clockboy and feel sure there are others about as well.  I don't know if you have a Polling facility as admin but it may be an option.

If there are any objections at all from anyone, please remove my posting and I will happily just stick with watches which are my first interest.

Cheers,

Vic

If there are any objections at all from anyone, please remove my posting and I will happily just stick with watches which are my first interest.

Cheers,

Vic

Put a strap on it Vic, then nobody can complain!

Why not have a clock section for the odd time someone decides to do one. As long as something has cogs and an escapement I'm interested. :-)

I currently have 2 x 400 day anniversary (torsion) clocks, 2 x pre 1900 pendulum alarm clocks, about 6 Smiths/Enfield striking mantle pendulum clocks, a Smiths chiming, floating balance mantle clock, a platform escapement carriage clock movement that looks (very competently) home made from the early 1900's which just needs a case, and a couple of other assorted mantle and alarm clocks from the early part of the last century, all waiting their turn on the bench. Oh and 3 cuckoo clocks as well, so although watches are my primary focus I do have to declare an interest in the larger scale horological world too. 

• Like 2