Round click spring?

jdm

Another lesson learned, I broke the click of a Seagull mov.t  (no parts available) while letting down power. Bad design, isn't flexible enough to stay away from the ratchet wheel while do so. Better let it unwind by itself if possible, or be extra super cautious. Anyone can suggest a spring that I can adapt? The hole is 3.5mm. 

DSC_0133-800x600.JPG

Edited by jdm

4 minutes ago, rduckwor said:

I think CousinUK offers an assortment of click springs for short money.

Even "round" ones? Someone told me that he has never seen one like that, and he has seen very many.

2 minutes ago, rogart63 said:

Have a Seagull watch i can't repair. I can have a look if it has the same movement. And if the part is okay in it. 

You're always super helpful Rogart!
Then I placed it above a 7S26 calendar plate.

DSC_0134-600x800.thumb.JPG.b5fd90d168c45bff07957bd651437769.JPG

It's just 0.03mm thinner. I know how I will spend a couple hours tomorrow :blink:

As soon as I saw this part I thought "isn't that a regulator?!". A quick search and you'll see what I mean: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Arrow-Register-Regulator-Ref-300-Sh-Al-11-1-5-Russo-Automatic/223510751654 !

I suspect you're already looking forward to a couple of hours of filing on the calendar plate, and I realise a regulator may be too thin, but maybe worth a second look in your spares box in case this idea offers another avenue! <_<

Edited by WatchMaker
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rogart63 said:

Is this the same? Doesn't look like it? This has a normal clickspring. 

No, mine it's an open-heart, big date, full calendar. I was thinking it's a Sea-gull 2L55 that has same size and layout, but the calendar works is different. Quite poor quality, likely due to a shock one shock spring went roaming bith small hands same, and rotor has separated at "riveting", yet the owner wants it repaired at any cost.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Ok thanks Ross, I will give that a try!😁
    • Welcome my friend. 
    • Been there. Worn that Tshirt.  'ping'. Hands and knees. Nothing. Nada. 20 minutes? Ha! I found it 7 month later. How? Well, after advice from a member, I invested in a £4 UV light torch.  Hands and knees looking for a 'ping' from a Sekonda, found them both within 30 seconds. UV makes the jewel shine. easy peasy. Could have taken longer. Just lucky on the location of the search. Hope this helps.
    • Thanks Dell. I thought about silver soldering. Have never done it but would like to give it a go. Do you think to put flux on the butted joint then run the solder in or to maybe brace it with a piece of scrap spring steel?
    • Never and others. Yes, like you I do spend a fair amount of time reading the contents of this forum. I find it better that any other. Clear, lucid, no Prima Donas, and most of all an easy access without adverts. All thanks to Mark. God bless you mate. You give so much to many of us. What if? No Mark? Hypothetically. A forum. I did run a forum for a few years. Really enjoyed it, but became so engrossed that it did affect my health. I gave to to others to run. Not been back. It was very successful and rivalled a number of large paying sites. No adverts, no others but me. I did ask and listen to members comments and it worked well.    Costs Having a domain name, £10 annually.  Register the site with a forum company, free. Build the site using the forum company guide lines, free. It looked and ran almost the same a Mark's. All the same facilities. The cost was only £5 per month, but counted visits (views). If I recall, it was that price for 5,000 views. Each extra 5,000 views increased the price by £2 per month. Success was my own personal undoing. From £5 per month initially, it rose to £60 a month and looked like increasing. This was 10 years ago. I could not afford that, and asked it anyone would like to take over and someone did. I would assume that this is the price that Mark is funding for us all. His return is our continued comments on the internet about his course, and the fact that many of the big names on YouTube mention him as their Tutor. Those of us who have done, and are still using, his course, benefit. In comparison to other courses, I can't believe how cheap it is, and the value is exceptional. It is the structure that gives the value. Long may Mark reign. Ross