Hello from the bench

Otto

I have decided to join your Watch repair talk group after searching for a 2 way street group and people that have a passion for Time pieces not just to drain your knowledge,time and parts  , I am a second generation watch and clock maker , Yes and clocks :) , Thats the way my dad taught me starting in 1975 and I continue the same way today , He was strictly watch repair until 1968 and when the quartz watch took hold he thought he would tool up for clocks in fear of a decline in watch repair , shortly after he started his clock repair he took on repairing Tube radios , Knife making , Antique Music box restoration and much much more ( Im sure Mom had something to do with it as well ) ha. My mother had the Victorian  Antique Store and was the go to person on estate jewelry , Glass, Anything brass , Tiger Oak , Dolls Etc Etc . I say all this to let people know the environment I grew up in. Amazing and tremendous adventures, knowledge etc. , absolutely no regrets !!!! Except for when we slept in the van at certain shows haha. To be able to do what is your passion and make money at it too, AWESOME. And a job you can never master !!!! Always something to learn and explore. I have been very reluctant to join horology sites for the simple reason TIME and Respect . I have tried a couple blogs in the past and it turned out that people were not respectful of my time . I can not fix a watch , Clock over the internet or phone and Im not looking to drum up more work . I have more than I can handle .  Knowledge , parts and correct Tools is how its done .As long as this group is a 2 way street then Ill stay :) .