Orient VX Quartz

arkobugg

Hi   If carrying out as suggested by jdm the movement is still dead, check all round for a caliber number and makers mark (Orient are owned by Seiko) that coupled with the VX would possibly point to a Hattori movement  again under the Heading of Seiko, Hattori, citizen and orient. So my guess would be Hattori.

DamagedOrientQuartz.jpg.0ecfd5d6c081072e71fc99153de1a03e.jpg

:wacko: What happened to the area I have highlighted?!

It looks like something exploded. Did someone fit the battery in back to front an blow up the protection diode?

The mechanism also appears to have at least two screws missing.

Edited by AndyHull
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, AndyHull said:

DamagedOrientQuartz.jpg.0ecfd5d6c081072e71fc99153de1a03e.jpg

:wacko: What happened to the area I have highlighted?!

It looks like something exploded. Did someone fit the battery in back to front an blow up the protection diode?

The mechanism also appears to have at least two screws missing.

We dont know, The owner have bought like this, and want to replace the movment, so I just try to find out how a proceed doing so...

Just measure diamter on the movment, height, oand maybe diameter on date ring?  More ????

Speaking of hands, you would need to ensure the original hands fit any replacement movement you source. Watch hands are not all the same size, so you need to identify the current movement, the location of the dial feet, the location of the date ring, the size of the hands, and the position of the winder. Almost certainly you can find a replacement, but you do need to ensure those features match.

9 hours ago, AndyHull said:

Speaking of hands, you would need to ensure the original hands fit any replacement movement you source. Watch hands are not all the same size, so you need to identify the current movement, the location of the dial feet, the location of the date ring, the size of the hands, and the position of the winder. Almost certainly you can find a replacement, but you do need to ensure those features match.

Very good!!  Thanks for all help...., I will check out the miyota 1L02 movemet ...