arkobugg

Orient VX Quartz

Question

Cheers mates!

Arkobugg    are doing things he haven’t done before…

This movement are dead, and I need a new one, how do I do this??

Where can I find one that fit??

77348782_419434142278813_1202700562114543616_n.jpg

72162274_2407435252838438_4124274974850547712_n.jpg

10 answers to this question

Hi   If carrying out as suggested by jdm the movement is still dead, check all round for a caliber number and makers mark (Orient are owned by Seiko) that coupled with the VX would possibly point to a Hattori movement  again under the Heading of Seiko, Hattori, citizen and orient. So my guess would be Hattori.

DamagedOrientQuartz.jpg.0ecfd5d6c081072e71fc99153de1a03e.jpg

:wacko: What happened to the area I have highlighted?!

It looks like something exploded. Did someone fit the battery in back to front an blow up the protection diode?

The mechanism also appears to have at least two screws missing.

Edited by AndyHull

14 hours ago, AndyHull said:

DamagedOrientQuartz.jpg.0ecfd5d6c081072e71fc99153de1a03e.jpg

:wacko: What happened to the area I have highlighted?!

It looks like something exploded. Did someone fit the battery in back to front an blow up the protection diode?

The mechanism also appears to have at least two screws missing.

We dont know, The owner have bought like this, and want to replace the movment, so I just try to find out how a proceed doing so...

Just measure diamter on the movment, height, oand maybe diameter on date ring?  More ????

You might also consider  a dial change.depending on diameter  there are dials available  that fit common seiko and ronda quartz movements. You could pop on some new hands while  you are at it.

Speaking of hands, you would need to ensure the original hands fit any replacement movement you source. Watch hands are not all the same size, so you need to identify the current movement, the location of the dial feet, the location of the date ring, the size of the hands, and the position of the winder. Almost certainly you can find a replacement, but you do need to ensure those features match.

9 hours ago, AndyHull said:

Speaking of hands, you would need to ensure the original hands fit any replacement movement you source. Watch hands are not all the same size, so you need to identify the current movement, the location of the dial feet, the location of the date ring, the size of the hands, and the position of the winder. Almost certainly you can find a replacement, but you do need to ensure those features match.

Very good!!  Thanks for all help...., I will check out the miyota 1L02 movemet ...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Michael1104
      Anyone know a supplier that would have orient watch parts. In general orient doesn’t supply parts I guess and it’s been hard to find on eBay. I have an EM60 repair. The crystal was damaged and whatever damaged it burned through and burnt the inner bezel and I cannot find a bezel with the same markings. Any help would be awesome.

• By adsterb
      Hey everyone, I cant find out how to get this drown off and I've tried everything. The Miyota JS25 movement says PUSH and points to a hole which I've learned means this is where you press to reease the crown but I still can't get the crown out no matter which position the crown is in. I first tried with the crown all the way out then with it halfway in, then all the way in and haven't been able to get it out, please help.

• By kristofwanderer
      Hello,
      I recently reacquired a watch I had swapped off to a friend years ago, a Seiko 7t62-0am0 Asymmetry (I believe was the name).  The watch is a quartz movement and is a chronograph.  When I initially bought the watch (new) it was worn gently.  When I traded off the piece it was to a dear friend who tucked it away in a box and essentially forgot about it until recently.  I got the piece back a few weeks ago, had a battery installed at an AD and it worked normally.  After arriving home, I put on the watch and it was functioning normally, except it stopped after about 30 or so minutes.  I took it off thinking it was a faulty battery or connection, but when I looked at it the next day in the display case it was again working.  After repeatedly wearing the watch and removing the watch when it would stop, I have come to believe that my body heat is causing some metal part to expand, thereby making the watch stop.  Could this be the case?  If so, what exactly is the issue (i.e., which part is the culprit)?
      *the photo is a stock photo of this model watch*
      Thank you in advance for your assistance. 
      Respectfully, 
      Dr. C. King

• By Bedford
      Got quite a peculiar one at the moment, and it's something that I've never personally encountered before.
      The clients watch is an Armani AR5905; he thought he needed a new battery and so here I am, 
      Upon taking the case-back off and placing a new battery in, I heard the circuit do the all so familiar whirring noise like it was springing back to life, however when I flipped it over it wasn't ticking.
      So I pulled the battery out and again put it back in, but what I noticed was that the whirring noise was only happening when the battery was halfway seated and thus not making full contact, and as soon as the battery was fully seated everything ceased. This time I put the battery in halfway and then flipped over the watch to see it working, and to my surprise the seconds sub-dial at the 6 position was spinning around wildly. However again stopped when the battery was fully inserted.
      Anybody have any ideas as to what is going on?
      I could upload a video if that would help.
    • By Ashnz
      Hello to all,
      My name is Ash (from NZ). Im a watch enthusiast and trying to learn more about Horology.
      I have been picking odd watch repair jobs here and there and self-learning.
      Firstly, thanks a lot to Mark Lovick for uploading fantastic videos on youtube that are so simple to follow. Keep up the great work
      Question - is there a way to diagnose quartz watch circuit using those test probes (that have an LED inbuilt) or perhaps using a multi-meter? For some watch movements such as Myota 2035, it makes sense to replace the whole movement. In other cases, it make sense to repair it (if possible).
      Is there a way to narrow down the faults in quartz watch? For instance, if a watch is gaining/loosing time, it could be the quartz crystal out of freq etc. how can it be scanned appropriately?
      Im not sure if its even possible or not. Hopefully I could get some help here.
      Thanks a lot in advance
      Ash