nebulight

New Member, My Longines From 1942

Hello everyone. I found this place after binge watching most of the videos from YouTube. I picked this up a few months ago. It's a 37mm greenlander case set but with a standard gilt dial without lume and sword hands instead of cathedral. The case back also does not have an www engraving. I prefer this version compared to the military issue greenlander.

oRVJk7B.jpg?1

Sent from my mobile phone using Tapatalk

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• I've received a 2824-2 watch with the complain that it stops. Just looking at it in jeweler's shop I noticed: date misaligned date changes at the wrong time caseback opening scratches doesn't hack weight hardly turns Then while disassembly one casing screw missing both dial feet snapped flush and consequent double side tape lots of oil in the oddest places, like under barrel bridge missing stop lever barrel bridge screws lose, likely that's why the ratchet wheel left marks on it and it would not auto wind. driver scratches on the barrel One could think that was the result of an improvised repairer or owner. Not so, as it happens it was given to this small town shop which proudly has a sign outside: "master watchmaker". After a long time and much money the desperate owner wanted to try someone else to repair it. I hope to be able to.
    • Just FYI, you're replying to a two years old topic. Also, we have a dedicated section where it's considered polite for new members to introduce themselves.
    • Today I am enjoying this Seiko 5 (7009 movement). I bought it for almost nothing and it really didn't need much. The crystal was in bad shape and I replaced it with a magnifier (like that look and this watch does not have to be 100% original). The lume on the hour marks is gone, hands still glow fine. This thing moves right along and keeps excellent time.
    • This is a nightmare. It's much less grief to purchase a complete incabloc and refit it.
    • Didn't see the pic, page wont open. More important is to blow all paint  pieces out of the movement and if movement is still in the case, you best not wear the watch.