Nacar watch movement

Ammar

Hello,

I got this watch to play with it for like 2 dollars, it's in a really terrible shape but it's ok I got it to practice on new movements, the thing is I couldn't find much information online about this particular movement it just says Swiss made 17 jewels no number nothing.

the movement isn't running at the moment but the weird thing is it runs for a couple of seconds when I pull the crown it looks in a decent condition though probably just needs to be srviced.

is there any thing that I can do for the terrible case? not that it's I want to restore it to it's original status but I just want the practice and knowledge.

I see this brand alot here I think is it Turkish? (it's pronounced Najar if it's actually Turkish)

20191116_233737.jpg

20191116_233757.jpg

20191116_233807.jpg

20191116_233819.jpg

20191116_233901.jpg

3 minutes ago, Marc said:

That looks like an ST movement, and probably a 97-4. Do you know what the bph is?

Unfortunately I have no Idea what the bph is, is this TS movement any good? is it really swisss made?

Decent  swiss made...nothing  spectacular. Made towards the end of economical swiss  mechanical  watch production. As previously  mentioned  most  likely  made by ST or standard time.very commonly  found being sold by ebay vendors from India  .search st96 watch movement. 

Edited by yankeedog