[3D-Printed] Watchmaker Tools - Watch Hand Press

Darak

Hi,

Hi, this is a watch hand press, I always want to have a more sturdy way to install watch hands, but I already own a nice set of Horotec watch hand installing tools, so I don't want to buy a watch hand press if I can just design one using the nice tools I have.

So I design one, the dimensions are for Horotec watch hand tools, enjoy.

Watchmaker Tools - Watch Hand Press Inserting Tool 

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3977411

IMG_6843.JPG

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Alaskamick said:

Hi,Lovely work,

Do you sell,the stuff you produce?

Mike

Hi Alaskamick,

Yes I can sell the stuff that I designed, but I thinks this is not economical, you can get a cheap watch hand press on eBay for $10, but why I don't want to buy those, is because the tool tip quality is just not good enough, anyway, if you are still interested in buying a print out, wright me a email. let see what I can do about it, thanks.

[email protected]

Thanks for that. I'm in the middle of designing a replacement part for one of my clapped out old microscopes. Once I've printed that, I suspect your hand press will be the next thing to come out of the hot plastic spaghetti machine.

Now all I need is a 3D printed robot to crawl round the floor looking for those tiny parts that have made a bid for freedom.

3 hours ago, AndyHull said:

Now all I need is a 3D printed robot to crawl round the floor looking for those tiny parts that have made a bid for freedom.

Darak, yes, thanks for that.

Andy, I don't know about a robot, but a device that acts as a trap on a vacuum hose might might be the next best thing....and would be printable.  Frank Ford is an accomplished lutheir and has a lot of machine projects, really great site.  Something like this, perhaps with a super fine screen (like you get with a funnel for fuel) might be designed around a 3D printer.   I bought a 110V hand held vac to help find parts, but something like this would be the Cadillac

Franks device:  http://www.frets.com/HomeShopTech/ForFun/ScrewFinder/screwfinder.html

Franks site (worth a meander)  http://www.frets.com/FretsPages/pagelist.html the Home Shop Tech "dept" has the shop projects like this

Edited by measuretwice

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, 24h said:

How sturdy is it when you plunge down? 
I have a cheap Chinese hand press and it wobbles quite a bit.

You must be pressing way too hard to make it wobble. Very little force is needed to fit hands. The reason why some people uses a press is because it pushes down perfectly vertical, so that hand will be alway level. Personally I am just fine using a pen fitter.