Glue

markr

I'm sure this has been asked before but I could't find it.  What kinds of glue can you use to reapply hour markers back on?  There are pins on the markers. Do I glue face side or the end of the pins on the back of the face.

Glue:  that is a good question!:  i do not use "super  clue" for any thing.  (gets wet and turns white and fails,- for surgery. - use stiches)   epxy in small amounts.   for wood:  "weldwood waterproof powered glue".  for pallet jewels:  shellac.   what do the watch makers use?  vin

• Thanks 1

I have a little bottle of clear nail-varnish on my table which I use for sealing the edges of dials where the paint is flaking and also to re-stick hour markers. Just a dab on the marker and lower it into place. Alternatively you can re-install the marker dry and dab some thinned nail varnish on the back of the dial where the holes are. This is safer than applying glue on the marker as you risk marking the dial with glue if you don't get it right and it moves around.

Anilv

• Like 1

Super glue is some funky stuff.It works  but I have found that  occasionally  it will  get deposited  by vapor,and that these  can only  be removed  by acetone. Additionally  sometimes  the things you want  to  stick together  don't  and the things you don't  want  to stick  together  do. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1