Jaxa Case opener

TheFixer

Hi  like jdm  I also have one of these chinese versions. Ok its not bergeon but it doe's the job. Like most things in life the justification for the expense is based on how much use is it going to get.   If you are opening lots of watches on a regular basis and want precision then get a bergeon if not then these are adequate . 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

If you are opening lots of watches on a regular basis and want precision then get a bergeon if not then these are adequate . 

I must say that with the better quality ones mentioned in the topic above I could open bazillion watches and a Swiss made one would not make any difference.
The real issue comes with extremely tight casebacks for which you want a bench opener, or at least an excelled holder block and a two handles opener.

• Like 2

I use a two-handle Swiss Jaxa and find it opens almost anything. It's worth looking out for second-hand ones on eBay. I regularly open very expensive cases, so personally I'd rather use the best I can afford, and they aren't all that expensive.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-WATCHMAKERS-JAXA-UNIVERSAL-WATCH-CASE-OPENER/293326916000?hash=item444ba589a0%3Ag%3A99UAAOSwu~ldysXc&LH_Auction=1

12 hours ago, rodabod said:

I use a two-handle Swiss Jaxa and find it opens almost anything. It's worth looking out for second-hand ones on eBay. I regularly open very expensive cases, so personally I'd rather use the best I can afford, and they aren't all that expensive.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-WATCHMAKERS-JAXA-UNIVERSAL-WATCH-CASE-OPENER/293326916000?hash=item444ba589a0%3Ag%3A99UAAOSwu~ldysXc&LH_Auction=1

Just put a bid on that.:)