Bulova 666 Refurbish Help

Hi Guys,

I have what I believe to be a 1970 Bulova Deep Sea Chronograph. My father passed on the watch to me after having it serviced somewhere in NYC I think. I took the watch out kayaking one day and shortly after it stopped. I imagine water intrusion being the culprit, despite not swimming or submerging the watch.

As fascinated as I am with watch repair and the inner workings of these timepieces I think this is a little above my head. I would like to have the watch serviced and or refurbished and initially thought the manufacturer would be the best equipped for this task. Bulova informed me the movements are difficult to get parts for and after spending some time here in the forum it sounds like they may have saved me from having the technicians they have working at Bulova tear into the watch.

I am curious if you guys have any recommendation of someone who specializes in these Bulova's that might be able to provide a little more information on parts or a reputable person that could give a timepiece of this beauty the due patience it deserves.

Thanks for your help,

Joel in Alaska

20191111_175610.thumb.jpg.8984a048a61b73a120af1982bd60a732.jpg

20191111_175621.thumb.jpg.ef5b6163d071d7d75d8e1eebca8864c3.jpg

6 hours ago, JoAlaska said:

I am curious if you guys have any recommendation of someone who specializes in these Bulova's that might be able to provide a little more information on parts or a reputable person that could give a timepiece of this beauty the due patience it deserves.

Generally people is reluctant to give straight recommendations but you can find some by searching using the search box top right. Since you're in the USA you may find convenient to use "AWCI online directory" that gives a list of certified, accredited USA watch repairers.