Luminox replacement parts?

Hi folks, just discovered this site tonight.  ( FYI, I posted this previously in the wrong forum.  Apologies....  )

I am mostly a newb, although I have experience with smallscale work from electronics.

I have recently gotten into watch building, not from scratch mind you, I buy the movements and just pick other parts as I find them...

I recently received a Luminox, with a Ronda 515 movement in it.

The movement runs slow with a brand new battery.  I figured for $20 from Esslinger, the easiest fix for me at my level of skill was a new movement, rather than disassembly,clean,lube,re-assemble.

So, I bought the movement. 

( Yes, TYVM, I know it's not hard to do a 515, but I could only find a video for the 715, and they are just a bit different. I'll tear the old one apart and clean it later for practice.)

While trying to remove the crown from the stem, I learned the quality of the loctite/cyanoacrylate/whatever that Luminox uses to fix their crowns to their stems.

*sigh*  You all know what I'm writing next.  *SNAP*

does anyone know where I can buy Luminox replacement crowns?

I have hopes that I can remove the stem fragment from the crown, but those hopes are quite small.  I only have about .020 - .030 thousandths of the stem protruding from the crown.

Yes, next time, remove O-rings, then apply heat, THEN unscrew the crown.

I'm Having problems uploading a photo of the crown, or I would for your amusement...  ( Is there a size limit? )

ANY help or ideas on parts sourcing, or safe temperatures to dis-associate that damn Luminox glue would be greatly appreciated!!

Thx,

Bob

bjd1020,

I was afraid that was the only answer I was going to get...

Just FYI,

I removed the o-rings from the crown and boiled it for 15 minutes.

I was able to get one of my very fine nippers to grasp the stem, but still no luck.

I have an SMD air solderer for my electronics stuff. Also great for shrink tube!

Pumped that up to 400C and heated the crown for 5 minutes or so.

I let it cool overnight.

grabbed the stem with nippers again and it came right off.

Thanks!

Yeah. I redid a luminox.....had to replace the movemwnt which i got from eslinger. I then purchased a cheap chinese watch with fresh gas tubes and replaced each tube in the watch. Luminox and most other brand watches have a strict hold on their parts. dc267b06607049845101cb7f73690b7c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ebay....look for carnival tritium watch. The tubes are exact fit for luminox. They are held in with double sided tape so theyre pretty easy to remove and replace.

I think ive read somwwhere that inly a kilogram of tritium a year is mined or something like that.....its why its so expensive.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk