Luminox replacement parts?

Hi folks, just discovered this site tonight.

I am mostly a newb, although I have experience with smallscale work from electronics.

I have recently gotten into watch building, not from scratch mind you, I buy the movements...

I recently came into a Luminox, with a Ronda 515 movement in it.

The movement runs slow with a brand new battery.  I figured for $20 from Esslinger, the easiest fix for me at my level of skill was a new movement, rather than disassembly,clean,lube,re-assemble.

So, I bought the movement.

While trying to remove the crown from the stem, I learned the quality of the loctite/cyanoacrylate/whatever that Luminox uses to fix their crowns to their stems.

*sigh*

does anyone know where I can buy Luminox replacement crowns?

I have hopes that I can remove the stem fragment from the crown, but those hopes are quite small.  I only have about .200 - .300 thousandths of the stem protruding from the crown.

Yes, next time, remove O-rings, then apply heat, THEN unscrew the crown.

Having problems uploading a photo of the crown.

ANY help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Thx,

Bob

In my engineering days, anything fitted with loctite (screws etc), were given a sharp tap on the end before attempting to remove.  This seemed to break-up the loctite and the screw could then be removed easily.  Not sure how it wold work on a watch stem/crown. Perhaps giving the crown (stem-up) a good tap on a solid surface might do it, but not sure if enough force could be transmitted.