Removal of Date Complication

LiamB

This might sound like an odd question, but would it be possible to remove the date function from an eta movement? I am working on a project watch I am designing and building and I can’t source myself a movement with the desired specs that doesn’t have a date function.   

Short answer is yes. You can remove the components that make up the date complication, however, you can't remove the stem position. In other words, there will still be a second position when you pull the crown out where you would normally adjust the date, it just won't turn anything.

Edited by mousekar

Absolutely yes, as above though there'll still be the intermediate position but as you won't gain any extra space you could simply leave the calendar works in place and put the dial over the top of it.

Edited by m1ks

LiamB,

Not sure what project you're doing but sometimes watches without day/dates have different dimensions.

So if you are trying to fit a no-date movement in a watch case which previously held one with day/date you may find the stem hole in the case and movement do not line up. 

If you are in contact with Sellita they should be able to provide you with the dimensions and you can compare that with the movement you're replacing.

Good luck!

Anilv