Emporio Armani ar-1922 repair

Furqan

Hello Everyone.

I need some help with repairing my Emporio Armani ar-1922.

I've watched some videos on YouTube but none of them resemble the movement of this particular watch.

My first problem is removing the stem/crown. I cannot see anything which looks like it will release the stem and I don't want to poke around inside it any more for fear of creating any damage.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

a69968c9-4111-4606-9835-a6d81fb08b78.jpg

b1bf8d8d-2040-4b3a-a88a-ff265ff579cd.jpg

This movement looks a lot like a TMI (Seiko) movement. If I'm right then there should be a little notch to press in the setting lever, around the red dot in the image, with the crown in the normal possition. I can't see it 'cause the image is quite dark there, but you can look for it.

Setting-Lever.jpg

Hi  Underneath the balance there should be a logo and a number this is the make and caliber of the movement, In some cases its engraved in the plate this we need for posative Identification.  If you fail to locate the release using acc's method pull out the stem and look for a small lever appearing near the stem,  If this occurs then press down on the lever and remove stem. Without clear photos and or data its all guess work.  Armani dont make watches they just put their name on it they could be Seiko, ETA, Miyota or even chinese movements fitted.

I'm fairly certain this is a Chinese HZ2189G - Otto Freil do them for about $33.00

.. a bunch of ebay sellers also have them

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=skeleton+2198&_sop=15&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Automatic+Movement+For+2189&_sacat=0

s-l500.jpg

The stem release on some of these Chinese movements is a bit of a movable feast, because despite being based on the Chinese Standard movement, they incorporate a few local tweaks depending on the individual manufacturer.

I don't have one to check, but I suspect you press on one of the two areas I have indicated below with your tweezers while gently pulling the crown. My bet is on the larger of the two areas I have indicated. Use gentle pressure, as you don't want to damage anything if my hunch is wrong.

image.png.b89d884b9b4a4e4348a69fbaaf480284.png

Edited by AndyHull

6 hours ago, aac58 said:

This movement looks a lot like a TMI (Seiko) movement.

Correct. Nitpick: the Seiko brand for OEMs is named SII (Seiko Instruments International) and accordingly the mov'ts are stamped. TMI (Time Modules International) is the name of their Hong Kong subsidiary marketing these to most of the world, in practice the two are the same thing.