Elgin 702 Ladies watch

Jeremy

I've worked on a few.  They go together just like they came apart.  Oiling:  Light oil on all wheels except center wheel.  No oil on pallet pivots, D5 on the center wheel pivots and the barrel arbor.

As for assembly, start from a known point (say the escape wheel) and puzzled your way towards completion.  Its not too hard to figure out the wheel placement.

RMD

Edited by rduckwor
  • Like 1

On 11/4/2019 at 5:15 AM, diveboy said:

Hi,

its a standard ladies elgin movement, no real service sheet as such, just an interchangable parts list if needed. you can pick them up pretty cheaply off fleabay if you need parts.

Just curious; what is or what is meant by "fleabay"? I Googled it and found https://fleabay.net/ but under the category "Jewelry & Watches" I only found three items; a pair of earrings, a bracelet, and a woman's watch. Perhaps it is a synonym for shopping used stuff online!? Thanks!

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, VWatchie said:

Thanks for the "Haha" @jdm and glad I could entertain you, but if you could enlighten me I'd appreciate it even more!

Sorry, I can't. I have sworn to an inner circle of initiated to never revel the secret magic place where one can get any watch part. Pretty much like unobtanium, it can be mentioned, but never achieved :biggrin:.

• Thanks 1

On 11/12/2019 at 11:24 AM, jdm said:

Sorry, I can't. I have sworn to an inner circle of initiated to never revel the secret magic place where one can get any watch part. Pretty much like unobtanium, it can be mentioned, but never achieved :biggrin:.

Thanks, I understand, no worries!

The expressions "you can pick them up pretty cheaply off fleabay" in my ears sounded like it possibly could be a reference to a specific site like eBay, so that's why I wanted to ask about it. I now understand that it was simply a reference to flea markets on the Internet in general. English isn't my native language so that may have contributed to my confusion. As a bonus, your bumptious contributions to the WRT culture was sort of funny (but not that funny).

I've worked on a few.  They go together just like they came apart.  Oiling:  Light oil on all wheels except center wheel.  No oil on pallet pivots, D5 on the center wheel pivots and the barrel arbor.

As for assembly, start from a known point (say the escape wheel) and puzzled your way towards completion.  Its not too hard to figure out the wheel placement.

RMD
Thank you. Just like you said.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

On 11/12/2019 at 1:03 AM, VWatchie said:

"fleabay"

I'm guessing Australian slang for eBay. Then the eBay is the place where you can pick up almost everything sooner or later if you're patient and know how to search for things or you just stumble across it by accident. A lot of times unfortunately the sellers sell things in assortments and won't describe, Or don't describe what they're selling. Sometimes that's outstanding for the buyer but it's a pain in the ass If you're looking for scrap movements and they don't have a description.

• Thanks 1