HonorPaul

New member needing Timex Indiglo advice please

Hi there, I'm new to the forum and needing some advice please. I've just today purchased a Timex Easy Reader watch. Only to realise that the indiglo does not light up properly at the 6 o clock position. Is this normal or is the watch defective and should I get it replaced. Cheers

IMG_20191103_164733.jpg

IMG_20191103_170049.jpg

9 minutes ago, HonorPaul said:

Hi there, I'm new to the forum and needing some advice please. I've just today purchased a Timex Easy Reader watch. Only to realise that the indiglo does not light up properly at the 6 o clock position. Is this normal or is the watch defective and should I get it replaced. Cheers

IMG_20191103_164733.jpg

IMG_20191103_170049.jpg

IMG_20191103_170644.jpg

A new watch? if so take it back. A used watch? live with it.if it doesn't impair any other function, I wouldn't bother with it. these are inexpensive watches .perfection with them can be illusive.

Edited by yankeedog

Yes I'll take it back. And to answer your question, I'll probably use it most of the time if I wake up during the night just to check the time. I know its only a small defect but besides the simplicity of the face the main reason for purchasing the watch was the indiglo feature. Its nitpicky but it'll irritate the heck out of me. 

Hi  The problem is that a small defect like that on a new watch may spread as according to our timex Guru the dial is coated with a compound which glows when a current is applied, so there must be a fault in the coating. I you are like me wake several times a night (insomniac) or old age I guess it is useful and yes it would annoy me too on a new watch.

4 hours ago, HonorPaul said:

Thank you, did you have any defect with your indiglo. Ja I'm very impressed with the brightness. 

No defect at all.   Mine must be an earlier model, no date complication, movement is made in philipine cased in china.  

Thanks for the replies. I ended up taking the watch back and asked could I compare it with a couple of others. One being the same and the other, a blue faced white dial with expansion band. Loved the look of it. And decided on that one. Anyway turns out they were all the same with the straight edge either at the 12 or 6. So I guess with the casing design it's normal. Interestingly enough I found a vid on you tube, in the image you'll notice at the top edge the line at the top for the sheet shes testing for the indiglo. 

Screenshot_20191106_095042_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

IMG_20191106_103046.jpg