Citizen Eco Drive

Rosco1

My first repair project is a friends Citizen Eco Drive with an E111 movement not running. I removed the capacitor and reinstalled it and the watch started running however there is a second problem. When the stem is pulled out it comes all the way out without pressing the release button. The stem is also slightly bent.

What should I look for  regarding the stem problem?

IMG_20191030_125813878.jpg

Hi   I have attached some technical sheets for the ecodrive .  If the stem pulls out altogether from the movement it suggests that the retaining lever in the mech is faulty or broken, if the stem is bent it will require replacement. The only way to find out is by removing the mech from the case and removing the dial and hands so as to be able to inspect the keyless work

1029_Citizen E001, E011, E031, E101, E111.pdf 2018_Citizen Eco-Drive.pdf

• Thanks 1

I have a Citizen Skyhawk eco drive of my own which ran for 15 years without a problem. I replaced the capacitor with a new one and it still does not run. I suspect a fault with the solar charging but this will be a future project.

1 hour ago, Rosco1 said:

I have a Citizen Skyhawk eco drive of my own which ran for 15 years without a problem. I replaced the capacitor with a new one and it still does not run. I suspect a fault with the solar charging but this will be a future project.

Possibly...did you leave it out in the  full sun for  several  hours?