I'm New To This Site

Hambros

Greetings fellow watch enthusiasts. I found this site while I was checking out Video's involving Rolex balance staff replacement. I live in Florida and have been involved in repairing watches since my first watch repair class at AWCI in 2010. I look forward to involving myself in this forum to better equip myself in this interesting vocation.

Thank you all for welcoming me. Bobm12 - I live in the geographical center of the state, a little berg called Brooksville. I was born and raised in Miami, but I moved just prior to Hurricane Andrew. I have a brother in Hialeah that I visit from time to time.

And I on the other hand, moved to Miami a little after Andrew! But let's see, Andrew was in '92, my first visit to Miami as a tourist, newly wed, just after it passed. Then, I finally moved in in '96. Who knows, at some point back then, we might have crossed on our way, considering my Mom lived in Orlando and my wife's God-son lives in Sarasota. If you ever took I-75 or I-95 then, which you probably and unavoidable might have, then we did. Small world!

I'll look up Brooksville, it sounds familiar. I have a friend here, from New Zealand, a teacher that used to work with me in my old job. I think he was in love with your town, unless I'm a little confused with my Geography which is not unexpected of me being so forgetful! :)

Not too familiar with Hialeah even now, but have some friends who live there. That one, I don't have to look it up! :)

Cheers,

Bob

Edited by bobm12

Brooksville is a nice place to live, especially if you've lived in Miami. Another slight coincidence, I too have a friend that used to live in New Zealand, Christchurch, and now lives in Hollywood, Florida.

Are you involved in watch repair? Are you a member of any Horology Guilds?

No, just a hobbyist like most of us here. I do some work for, mostly, friends and sometimes other people, to keep the hobby going. No guilds so far, maybe later... As a side note, I bet Brooksville is amazing, I just visited the local government site. Miami is a good place for tourists I think but to live, it is a little...I would call it complicated for lack of a better word.

I've heard it said that for every four people moving to Florida, three move back, probably after the first summer's heat, so we still are on the upswing. Nothing too great about Florida except for maybe the Beach life, Surfing, Fishing, Scuba Diving and the occasional Hurricane Party.