AP1875

making my own movement holder

Due to chronograph movement holders costing a small fortune, i am going to make my own.

A family member is taking all the measurements i need and creating an image in Solidworks. We will then print the image or get a metal version milled.

Does anybody know where i can get a the part circled in the picture? Save a bit of hassle making one.

Screenshot 2019-10-28 at 10.11.59.png

Very interested in how you get on. That part could likely be replaced with a thumbscrew maybe ? To make it more realistic print a cap over it .

One of my projects on my printer was to do similar but NB haven't got enough time as I would like to to play around with this.

Please let us know how you get on.

2 minutes ago, jnash said:

Very interested in how you get on. That part could likely be replaced with a thumbscrew maybe ? To make it more realistic print a cap over it .

One of my projects on my printer was to do similar but NB haven't got enough time as I would like to to play around with this.

I did think of a thumb screw, but thought it might look a bit 'naff'. I might end up buying another movement holder and removing the knob. It would be good if i could buy something similar though

15 minutes ago, jnash said:

sorry i missed the part where you mentioned the cap, could be an option thanks

I would think getting a custom milled job from a local shop would be at least as expensive as buying the holder in the first place. A 3D printed holder would be plenty sturdy (I've printed a few and never has an issue, except where to keep them so I remember which movement they were for. ;) ) You could even 3D print the knob. It doesn't need to apply much pressure to hold the movement.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.