Coupling nut?

I think that's  the right term.long nut threaded through used for coupling one threaded  rod to another. Why do I ask? I have a few vostok amphibia cases I want to experiment  with. My idea is to transplant  another  as of yet to be determined  caliber  into a vostok  case. In order  to keep  the vostok crown  I wish to cut the stem and  connect  it to another  with a coupling  nut...does such a thing exist in the world  of horology?why do I  want to do this? Simple..because  I can.

Edited by yankeedog
Grammar
  • Like 1

You need a stem extender. Pretty common in watch-repair. Most mechanical watches have a 0.9mm thread, dont know about your Russian ones but I suspect they're the same. Quartz watch stems are slightly smaller at 0.7mm.

image.png.741be118eeff7df4972b38d89c2364f0.png

Anilv

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, yankeedog said:

I think that's  the right term.long nut threaded through used for coupling one threaded  rod to another. Why do I ask? I have a few vostok amphibia cases I want to experiment  with. My idea is to transplant  another  as of yet to be determined  caliber  into a vostok  case. In order  to keep  the vostok crown  I wish to cut the stem and  connect  it to another  with a coupling  nut...does such a thing exist in the world  of horology?why do I  want to do this? Simple..because  I can.

"stem extender"  is a good name for it,  thou  i've never seen one   if you use that,  be sure to use "lock tight" in the joint.  i have several accutron watch cases i would like to modify in that manor.   be sure the "old dudes" won't aprove.    cheers,  vin

• Thanks 1

thank you all of course. if you notice the stem extender of course has two ends, (AHEM) male and female.what interested in would be the female end, (no snickering)open on both ends  a sleeve ,for lack of a better term.screw own vostok crowns are about impossible to take apart, so with such a coupling you could cut two stems and insert both into the coupling. so you could use the vostok crown with the vostok case , but be able to attach for argument's sake the tip of a miyota stem to it.

Oh I know better  than to ask a professional  to do such a thing! It is something  totally  out of the ordinary  that borders on blasphemy. Machine  shop time for such a small  one of a kind item  would  be ridiculous. Thanks  again  to all for your input. 

Oh I know better  than to ask a professional  to do such a thing! It is something  totally  out of the ordinary  that borders on blasphemy. Machine  shop time for such a small  one of a kind item  would  be ridiculous. Thanks  again  to all for your input. 
Have a look at cousinsuk website ... Search for stem extensions and you'd find what you need

Envoyé de mon moto g(7) power en utilisant Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, yankeedog said:

I have coupled stems using electric dremel as lathe. A sketch of what you have in mind helps.

• Thanks 1

Doesn't the Vostok amphibia crown unscrew from the stem? 

I know they have a pretty unusual system to accommodate the screw crown which disconnects the crown once you start to screw it in but apart from that I've never really thought about it. 

Anilv 

• Thanks 1