IWC Cal 83 - Case Wanted

JerseyMo

I'm looking to aquire an original IWC case to match with this fantastic watch I have in my collection.  Can anyone lend some advice other thatn search EBay?   Or should I just leave this one as is?

BTW, I bought this watch for $10.00 :)  Well it was missing the case, the stem was broken and rusted in the movement, the staff was broken.  So I think it was a great deal in the end...

DSC01949.JPG

DSC01950.JPG

DSC01951.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, yankeedog said:

Of course  you know  the minute you aren't  looking  you will find it.

yes, I did see a case sell on eBay for $300 + not to long ago.  Which I would have no issue buying since it would just add to the overall value.  The longest I researched for a part was just about 6 years.   That was a green tinted crystal for a Timex electric.  Never actually found one for sale.  But, after buying a huge lot of NOS parts from an online contact I found the lot contained about 2 dozen of them. :)

Yes, I have made the measurements and gotten additional details from the seller.  I also took the watch over to my watchmaker friend and he thinks the fit will be fine.  Will review all latter this evening and go from there. 

Of course while at his shop he mentions that this gem of a watch just came in and if I would be interested.  Damn thing fit my wrist perfectly!

and so the phase "when it rains it pours".

IMG_0372.jpg

• Like 2

I'm not always a fan of Rolex, but there are some iconic designs, and the Datejust is one such design.
Much copied, never bettered.

Having said that, I'm going to shoot down my own argument. Of the two,  I prefer the IWC. But then again I'm an engineer, so simple design rather than  bling is more my thing.

well after taking some measurements, I also noiced the distinct markings of the movement having at one time been held in place by case screws.   Much like this case in photo.   So I will pass and continue the hunt...... and keep telling myself the hunt is more fun anyway.

Capture.JPG

6 hours ago, JerseyMo said:

Yes, I have made the measurements and gotten additional details from the seller.  I also took the watch over to my watchmaker friend and he thinks the fit will be fine.  Will review all latter this evening and go from there. 

Of course while at his shop he mentions that this gem of a watch just came in and if I would be interested.  Damn thing fit my wrist perfectly!

and so the phase "when it rains it pours".

IMG_0372.jpg

What did  I tell  you? See what you find when  you aren't  looking.