Grosvenor Pocketwatch Escape Wheel

Hello,

I have been trying to repair an old Grosvenor pocket watch for a while and have discovered that the escape wheel pivots have snapped. I don't have the equipment to replace the pivot on the existing parts (no lathe) and have been trying to source a new escape wheel. I am in the process of finding a new balance staff.

Does anyone have any idea what the movement is or where I could find the dimensions of spare balance wheels to replace it? The movement is approximately 35mm in diameter.

I apologise for my bad photography.

20191022_121615.jpg

20180830_125051 (1).jpg

20180830_125808.jpg

Thank you but I should have mentioned before, tried a Unitas 6497 clone movement to see if it was the correct size. The gears are far finer and the escape wheel teeth are the wrong size and it was slightly too short.

It has a Swiss Lever escapement as far as I can tell and is about 4.5mm in height. If it helps the mainspring barrel is the size of the winding gear on the top and seems to be fully attached to it.

7 minutes ago, Joseph111 said:

Thank you but I should have mentioned before, tried a Unitas 6497 clone movement to see if it was the correct size. The gears are far finer and the escape wheel teeth are the wrong size and it was slightly too short.

It has a Swiss Lever escapement as far as I can tell and is about 4.5mm in height. If it helps the mainspring barrel is the size of the winding gear on the top and seems to be fully attached to it.

Well the movement is Unitas, but they did make many many different calibers. What is the exact diameter of the movement, and can you get a pic of the dial side? Are there no markings near the balance cock or on the dial side? If not it will take some digging but you will probably find it on Ranfft's site.

The only markings on the movement are the words Swiss Made, 15 Jewels and a small 5 under the balance arm. I don't currently have a very accurate caliper but I think it is 34.7mm rather than 36.4 as the Unitas 6497 movement wouldn't fit. Here is a picture of the dial side but I haven't seen any writing on it. I do not believe that the movement has ever been changed since it was made in around the 1930s.

20190928_172953.jpg