My barograph clock.

Jimmy

Hiya everybody' I am new to this site. I have clocks and watches mainly old ones but this question is about a barograph clock. I just bought a used barograph' it's been well looked after and everything seems to be working. I am having too remove the clock and replace the graph paper. Sounds simple but the knurled screw that holds the clock in place is just turning and turning. It does slack off the clock but  it's as if the bolt that goes through the clock is turning continuously. and I cant remove it. Attatched is a photo. The two red dots show the knurled screw that wont undo properly. Any help greatly appreciated. Thankyou. Note I did remove the entire brassworking section to see if the bolt was accessible  but it must be enclosed within. Thanks.

KNURLED SCREW [1600x1200].jpg

I must admit I have never even clapped eyes on one like that, but my gut feeling is that you back off the key in the opposite direction to winding, and it will unscrew, then undo the knurled bolt, and pull on it, and *something* should slide out of something else.

The chances that I am completely wrong however are around 50% :D

EDIT: Wow.. Barographs are expensive when new.. https://www.metcheck.co.uk/collections/barographs

:wacko:. I'll need to keep an eye out for one, they look pretty interesting, similar to  clockwork seismograph recorders . 

Edited by AndyHull

Hiya. Thanks for your reply and advice, I did what you said and I removed the drum in one second=magic. Of course I had to try it again and this time it came free without touching the key=Again magic' the third test failed and I cant release it again. It's pretty obvious that it's something simple but what? Thanks I don't want to mess with it too much' I can change the chart without removing the drum but I would much prefer for it to work properly. I have new charts and the ink should arrive tomorrow and if it works well I might have to leave it for now. Thanks for your help. Jimmy.