Quartz submariner not working

markr

I got this little beauty  at a swap meet on Sunday.  I changed the battery and still nothing.  I know nothing about quartz. Is there a trick I kneed to know?  Is it worth taking down to be repaired?  Should I look for an ETA movement to put inside?  It does have the gold matching band in good condition.

IMG_2953.JPG

IMG_2954.JPG

If you can't easily find a replacement movement, then you might risk stripping off the dial and hands (assuming this is possible), and cleaning the mechanism in lighter fluid.

This *might* get it going, however if the coil or the circuit is damaged, then your luck is out, and you will need to keep searching for a replacement.

Edited by AndyHull
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, watchweasol said:

Hi   might be worth a fiddle,  Swill out with Naptha and a spin on the line release. No dismantling that one. 

I have fixed a couple this way... well slunged in lighter fluid and dried in front of an electric fan heater, but basically the same method.
Bear in mind that naptha/lighter fluid is obviously flamable, so take care not to set things ablaze when evaporating off the excess. :blink: