Jump to content
jdrichard

Had to Remove a Screw

Recommended Posts

Had the head of screw strip off the mainspring barrel arbour. Tried to use a bergeon screw extractor and failed. So I set the arbour up in a lathe and graved a small cone center. Then I used circuit board drills and progressively drilled out the center. And after two broken bits, I finally got the insides loose. Then I went on my Stereo Microscope and picked out loose parts using rodico and a small pink screwdriver.

 

All worked well. Now to find a new screw. The main mission was to replace a broken mainspring.9949bbdd78c12cf7e9bbc3ca02ecab3c.jpga86a3b5fc103b4c6e892ef02d8e42e27.jpg3fe416e813d80bd527358fbcb772bb61.jpgbc221c0b9726d814c82a9cfc9aae8a10.jpg

And here is the broken mainspring.5a064f69bdd036f2322efd65405207bc.jpg

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...