Pendent tube fitting!

bosstaki

Hi guy’s! As anybody used glue to fit these tubes back into there watch cases! I’ve got a screw down tube that should be friction fit, its loose in the body & keeps popping back out when i pull the crown out to alter the time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a way to mark the inside of a hole to help it grip by inserting a cutting broach without rotating to introduce some raised burrs. 

You can also possibly spread the pendant tube on the case side if you are careful. 

Are you sure it is the correct tube. When I have fitted they are just friction fitted. If just a snug but not a tight fit using loctite will work.

Thanks for the reply mate! Which Loctite glue would you recommend i use mate! Cheers!

You only need a medium strength such as the 270, or 290. But any of their range should work fine providing everything is grease free. 

Hi clockboy! I got some locktite 680 & its worked like a treat mate! Cheers!

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Many thanks for your advice (being borne in mind at present) & offer Dell. When I was given the clock the plastic anchor was loose on the arbour (it had split at the 'hole') &, after repairing this, I have been trying to determine whether the spindle (pin) should be perpendicular when the pallet is sitting on a flat surface; or whether, when installed, its L-R extremes (or alternatively its tick & tock points) should lie at equal angles from the vertical when moved with spring absent. I can get the clock to run but in every such configuration the top block has to be turned anti-clockwise (from above) by quite a bit in order to be 'in beat' & it always runs fast (despite the pendulum being set to as slow as possible). This makes me wonder if there is any particular feature of/fault in a torsion spring clock which determines which turn direction (if any) is necessary to get it 'in beat'; & whether there would be a different set of settings that would get it running nearer to time at somewhere around the mid timing/inertia position which would then allow tweaking of the fast/slow setting.
    • Now this has happened I bet China or India just to name two will start to produce none genuine parts.  I did. But idiot Boris Johnson failed miserably in his negotiations. The E U stitched up the UK like a kipper. Nigel Farage  offered his help but big head Boris declined. So this is why we are in this mess all because Johnson wasn't clever enough.  
    • Hands up all those who voted to leave the EU 😂, oopsie.  UK has just signed the Hague convention, next year that will provide cross border clout to British courts.
    • Ive heard about that oil before for the lever pins. I found it easy to work on , it didn't have a whole lot of pivot wear but i bit sloppy on the lever cock, i think you have to live with what you have or bin it. Stiff to wind and set ?  Not a cannon pinion issue that has no friction thats made up further back and if I remember the barrel drives the hour wheel. No problem on this one .Let me know when you start it as i have another that donated to this one, i can work alongside you with it, two heads are better than one.