Jump to content

WWW Eterna sucked me in.


luiazazrambo
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, watchweasol said:

Hi   Nice and tidy job  you must have an in exhaustable sullpy of pallets.

Thank you.  🙂This very week I visited one of the recycling center with my pallet buster from Screwfix because I used it that much with heavyweight hardwood pallets that I had to buy another one, I straightened the old one. Beside of it there was a bucket full with used nails I pulled out of them, difficult to lift because of its weight. I have a trailer I load time to time with free pallets coming from FB marketplace. Some of them are only good for burning but some of them are really nice straight and clean, some of them are bulit to transfer heavy industrial equipment and they are hardwood. The crates are also hardwood and the wood they are made from usually have a nice texture. Of course the wood has the nail holes but it's easy to live with it, sometimes it even looks good.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, luiazazrambo said:

Custom made boxes for my watch crystals. Not 100% perfect, but it was my first try and apart from the base plywood it is made out of pallet wood again. 

Loving your work and will try to imitate it ASAP. Luckly, beside an endless pallets supply I have a joiner nearby which I can coerce into planing and other operations that aren't very easy for a total amateur. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I always wanted one and I always knew that there is no space for it... I bought it anyway... so far I could not come up with a sensible idea as where to put it... Both of its locks are made in the USA maybe the whole desk was made there. One of its lock is not working, so today I became a locksmith too. 🙂 If you close the top it locks all of the drawers, both sides and the middle one too. Very very nicely made.

IMG_20220622_111333_HDR.jpg

Edited by luiazazrambo
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

EB8420 finished casing it recently

This is a practice watch. I got a tray of EB8420 movements without balance wheel, a tray of EB8492 with balance wheel but without mainspring barrel and a box of new EB8420 dials. Now the balance complete is interchangeable or it is just a maybe because i could not set the beat to 0 ms as I already hit the balance cock and cannot move the little arm any more... maybe I need to play with the HS colet now. Anyway I purchased a tray of EB8420 too plus found a set of scrap hands in the scrap box. Unfortunately I have no dial rest and I dont know how to source it and where to find good looking hands. I tried to take apart the pushers to completely clean the case but the pusher screw glued or "locktited" in and when i tried to turn the screw i just broke it of... so I tried the other pusher and I broke that too... ok lets take another case all looked good for a while and then one button just fell off... i did not even touch it/push it.. the screw again was broken again at the same place, where it goes into the pusher.... two cases wasted... (dont think i can find pushers individually for this case/ cousins do not seem to have them) anyway it has a nice performance apart from the non 0 ms beat error. (as far as i remember it was around 0.5ms)

IMG_20220704_110136_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220704_110209_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220704_110247_HDR.jpg

These are also ready a nice little Westclox and a Laco with Durowe 422. They are on a test run at the moment.

IMG_20220706_163427_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220706_163156_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220706_163144_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220704_000805_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220703_221803_HDR.jpg

https://17jewels.info/movements/d/durowe/durowe-422/

Edited by luiazazrambo
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
Just now, watchweasol said:

Nice old machines , what was the problem with it

The screw of the back of the electric panel holding the microphone plug became loose and both wire soldered to the plug snapped as the plug could turn around and around. It was relatively easy to sort, but then it still did not work. I got a number of microphones coming with it, I picked up two of them to test the micromat and the micromat didnt do a thing with any of them, turned out that both "microphone" was faulty. I managed to sort one of them, but the sensor in the other one snapped into half. I got some sensors not equivalent to the original, but I am going to try to use one of them as a replacement. In the package I got a Vibograf too, but it is still in the attic. I might bring that one down too soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I brought my Greiner Vibrograf Record down from the attic. It would not print, already figured out that its switch is faulty but unfortunately it does not stop it working. It is always on. What is amazing is that I contacted Greiner and they sent me a Manual and a circuit diagram within an hour!!! Valves! 😍 😅

IMG_20220928_183730_HDR.thumb.jpg.ed485f3265da1122ecd523591964ecd6.jpg

IMG_20220928_182140_HDR.thumb.jpg.f62b8a82be663214c7a2575edff9ceda.jpg

IMG_20220928_182220_HDR.thumb.jpg.74cd4669aaa36c69bb1e0b15dd9cd3c7.jpg

Record_Schaltplan.pdf Record_Manual_E.pdf

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2022 at 4:00 PM, luiazazrambo said:

Custom made boxes for my watch crystals. Not 100% perfect, but it was my first try and apart from the base plywood it is made out of pallet wood again. 

IMG_20220616_140048_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220617_195505_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220617_195815_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220618_121101_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220618_154126_HDR.jpg

Lol . A man after my own heart mate. Why buy it when you can make it how you want, you've even tongued the seperators in👍. I have the same chop saw somewhere.

On 6/19/2022 at 9:50 AM, luiazazrambo said:

Thank you.  🙂This very week I visited one of the recycling center with my pallet buster from Screwfix because I used it that much with heavyweight hardwood pallets that I had to buy another one, I straightened the old one. Beside of it there was a bucket full with used nails I pulled out of them, difficult to lift because of its weight. I have a trailer I load time to time with free pallets coming from FB marketplace. Some of them are only good for burning but some of them are really nice straight and clean, some of them are bulit to transfer heavy industrial equipment and they are hardwood. The crates are also hardwood and the wood they are made from usually have a nice texture. Of course the wood has the nail holes but it's easy to live with it, sometimes it even looks good.

Great for garden furniture and feature walls. Nice one Lui, i love to see recycling mate.

On 7/6/2022 at 6:35 PM, luiazazrambo said:

EB8420 finished casing it recently

This is a practice watch. I got a tray of EB8420 movements without balance wheel, a tray of EB8492 with balance wheel but without mainspring barrel and a box of new EB8420 dials. Now the balance complete is interchangeable or it is just a maybe because i could not set the beat to 0 ms as I already hit the balance cock and cannot move the little arm any more... maybe I need to play with the HS colet now. Anyway I purchased a tray of EB8420 too plus found a set of scrap hands in the scrap box. Unfortunately I have no dial rest and I dont know how to source it and where to find good looking hands. I tried to take apart the pushers to completely clean the case but the pusher screw glued or "locktited" in and when i tried to turn the screw i just broke it of... so I tried the other pusher and I broke that too... ok lets take another case all looked good for a while and then one button just fell off... i did not even touch it/push it.. the screw again was broken again at the same place, where it goes into the pusher.... two cases wasted... (dont think i can find pushers individually for this case/ cousins do not seem to have them) anyway it has a nice performance apart from the non 0 ms beat error. (as far as i remember it was around 0.5ms)

IMG_20220704_110136_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220704_110209_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220704_110247_HDR.jpg

These are also ready a nice little Westclox and a Laco with Durowe 422. They are on a test run at the moment.

IMG_20220706_163427_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220706_163156_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220706_163144_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220704_000805_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220703_221803_HDR.jpg

https://17jewels.info/movements/d/durowe/durowe-422/

Initially missed these posts.great work lui. I wouldn't have worried about the 0.5 beat error, acceptable for this age and movement. 👍

Edited by Neverenoughwatches
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My last toy I received with the same shipment:

IMG_20221008_135302_HDR.thumb.jpg.695d91a006ca996ff02ed79efcc76519.jpg

IMG_20221008_135333_HDR.thumb.jpg.599ee88e0298105f45671b06d11f57df.jpg

IMG_20221008_135211_HDR.thumb.jpg.376b20cebd90dfe9e8b31f2c8ffb2998.jpg

IMG_20221008_135337_HDR.thumb.jpg.6059d3d14bd2daae705272ac0c17deb9.jpg

IMG_20221008_140211_HDR.thumb.jpg.f2f178c3c4f2385300cea74a0d2a607a.jpg

 

I took a picture of the cover, content and the introduction of the book I bought in the British museum. Have a look at it, an incredible collection with more than 4500+ pieces a lot of them with great importance. (the pages didnt fit into my scanner, hopefully readable)

original_edf7d305-7929-4ccc-86cb-9ac765ac4678_IMG_20221008_140808_HDR.thumb.jpg.609f9ab369b1a7b307dd26fec31a944b.jpg

original_49f74323-5089-45ea-b659-c113b7ec01bf_IMG_20221008_140826_HDR.thumb.jpg.9b06ccd5047f19f338816c3a7360edd7.jpg

original_d90e1c7e-014b-4a6d-81f1-d3eae09b6473_IMG_20221008_140849_HDR.thumb.jpg.f7099e4657faf0e487408a77dc5609ab.jpg

original_21abfc15-af9c-4d3e-af66-d8da0e8ff82e_IMG_20221008_140908_HDR.thumb.jpg.df22d3bd3c5ecc080e7b059acc09789c.jpg

original_af20da90-d548-42dc-b296-20e47c74c9eb_IMG_20221008_141009_HDR.thumb.jpg.f58157753c824be640bcbd3545a98cda.jpg

original_a627ac16-de60-4295-95c0-a21f9c593041_IMG_20221008_140940_HDR.thumb.jpg.e61949de93eb7b69fcd42a0bf2653d79.jpg

Edited by luiazazrambo
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Not sure if anyone wants it, but this is how the old like BCL fancy shaped crystals looked like in the past, this table is based on the original print printed in April 1981, 300 variations, 11 more compared it to August 1972. If you want the excel/ods file message me and I send it to you.

fancy_shaped_eBay.thumb.png.ac4d00d23760412214a243592dac4eee.png

Edited by luiazazrambo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sony TC-K61

Got this with a Thorens TD 160 record player together, unfortunately it did not do anything, it had watch issues. No lubrication at certain places or it had old lubrication acting as glue. So it was cleaned up and re-lubed with watch oil and molykote dx grease it was a bit tricky to take it apart but all functionality is restored. It did not play at all and there was no rewind or fast forward. With a pair of headphones I can enjoy 80s music again 🙂

IMG_20230110_231100_HDR.jpg

Edited by luiazazrambo
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One of my favorite activity is to reuse pallet wood, managed to do many thing out of them around the house and for the watch/clockmaker hobby, but this guy is on another level:

My plan was to make something like him and I more or less have the components for it however I came across of this and could not resist even though it was a bit pricey. Full with toys, including horological tools. And some withworth thread gauge for every day usage. 😄 

IMG_20230115_145406_HDR.thumb.jpg.5020b5992cd52d62d88653e2c71f5733.jpg

IMG_20230115_145440_HDR.thumb.jpg.c0fa5e3580e79cbfcaab41cb32d7310c.jpg

IMG_20230115_145431_HDR.thumb.jpg.e6a57259277542121dc5592e89014278.jpg

IMG_20230115_145422_HDR.thumb.jpg.75446b46f6698e17c9fac15e3f305fde.jpg

IMG_20230115_145802_HDR.thumb.jpg.a5d05123846ce53d76abef379a44b503.jpg

IMG_20230115_145927_HDR.thumb.jpg.9e6dce1f45bb701d1908f9f771cb169e.jpg

IMG_20230115_150054_HDR.thumb.jpg.830296f7e8976c875fad884dc0cac02f.jpg

IMG_20230115_150125_HDR.thumb.jpg.8c47beb6d79d3d61beb043f184ded3f7.jpg

IMG_20230115_150155_HDR.thumb.jpg.ef8965ce9c40479a213501374d088eb1.jpg

IMG_20230115_150159_HDR.thumb.jpg.febc07793f2bd6e2c5cabca496750056.jpg

IMG_20230115_150410_HDR.thumb.jpg.a3412c7ed78b9ccc9d3d294c2909be49.jpg

IMG_20230115_150700_HDR.thumb.jpg.68d78cc0ca3a0ca0595e55a6f754c9f8.jpg

IMG_20230115_150902_HDR.thumb.jpg.716e350bd8bd0abcc0b90c997b76572a.jpg

Would anyone know what this tool is?

IMG_20230115_150548_HDR.thumb.jpg.d428dbbbfe9c1743b97f7dc3785d806c.jpg

IMG_20230115_150431_HDR.thumb.jpg.de8b29fa08ebc3f7ab87fdb4c427da4b.jpg

Edited by luiazazrambo
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...