Banged up Seiko SRB43J1

MattiSenturk

1 hour ago, jdm said:

Well, this being a (mainly) hobbyist repair forum -as opposed to a collector's- the idea is to share and and teach how things are done. And polishing is a good example of something easy and rewarding.

There is still a cost implication especially pardon the pun starting from scratch.

Sometimes it is cheaper just to replace given time constraints and materials even as a hobby, we only have a certain amount of time and money to play with.

But I have to agree the satisfaction in acheiving a task like this is amazing, just wish my family and friends would realise this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheFixer said:

There is still a cost implication especially pardon the pun starting from scratch.

Sometimes it is cheaper just to replace given time constraints and materials even as a hobby, we only have a certain amount of time and money to play with.

But I have to agree the satisfaction in acheiving a task like this is amazing, just wish my family and friends would realise this.

Yeah, I have allways been that ”engineer” kinda guy these things are truly amazing machines and any kind of learning related to watches intrique me on so many levels! Hope you will get the appreciation that you earn at least from these comunities if not from your family and friends ps. The pun was nice :D

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MattiSenturk said:

Yeah, I have allways been that ”engineer” kinda guy these things are truly amazing machines and any kind of learning related to watches intrique me on so many levels! Hope you will get the appreciation that you earn at least from these comunities if not from your family and friends ps. The pun was nice :D

Thank you.

This repair forum is fantastic on many  levels the people on here are honest and reliable and makes the whole experience pleasurable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MattiSenturk said:

I live in Finland and my friend named one place that has these cocktailtime glasses available but yeah I’ll propably give it a go first myself. Are there some tools that you recommend/ you use yourself for the job?

i have been to Vassa.

• Like 1