Consul pendant timepiece!

• 1 month later...

Hi *,

Same question here. Did not find much:

Consul [CON-SUL]

Founded in the year 1900 as F. Huguenin, the firm was later acquired by the company Charles Virchaux. Charles Virchaux exhibited a watch called the “Consul de luxe” at Basel in 1949, and the brand became associated with the name Consul. The brand had close ties with Girard-Perregaux, and was later acquired by that company, but the name has since changed hands numerous times.

http://www.secondtimearoundwatchco.com/vintageWatchGuide/

Mine says: 87 consul

What movement is this then?

IMG_20191205_012357.thumb.jpg.121b42a2c371e91c346cf42753655a29.jpg

Best regards,

lui

On 12/5/2019 at 2:13 AM, AndyHull said:

What size is it?
Have you searched ranfft for Girard-Perregaux to see if anything looks close?

I had the feeling that you would answer this. I am trying to learn all the time but I still don't know how to measure the size. I tried ranfft but i typed consul in, none of the result was similar to mine. Now I try Girard-Perregaux i read about this but i did not think that I should try like this. ( I have another horror story to tell but I felt that I complain too much so stopped myself :

18 minutes ago, luiazazrambo said:

I had the feeling that you would answer this. I am trying to learn all the time but I still don't know how to measure the size. I tried ranfft but i typed consul in, none of the result was similar to mine. 

With a vernier caliper and convert to french lignes. Ranfft does not care about watch "brands", only mov't makers. To identify a mov't sometime you need a picture dial removed because the Swiss liked to change the bridges layout to obfuscate the true maker. Another way is from the setting lever and then the bestfit catalogues as mentioned by watchweasol in another recent thread.

Edited by jdm
  • Like 1