Hello Everyone from the Philippines!

Jonestista

I wanted to introduce myself.. My name is "Le Jones" and also go by the name "Gabi" as my middle name is Gabriel. I am very new to watch repair and just getting into it. I am a retired Network Engineer that move to the Philippines a few years back. I have been into electronics as a hobby since I have been here but am finding it very difficult to find things to work on and they are just not available here and I have to buy from the US and pay huge shipping fees. I first came across a video on watch repair on Youtube and watched it and it fascinated me as I had never seen the inside of a watch. A few months later I needed to have a battery replaced in one watch and have another automatic watch looked at because it would lose 10-15 minutes a day. I was allowed to watch the tech tear it down and clean it then put it back together. Well I am hooked.. I have to try this! (by the way the watch did not run any better after the cleaning) I can purchase many watches here, some fake, some real, but I can generally tell the difference. So no more international purchases unless needed. Anyway Hello Everyone!

• 4 years later...