Seiko 6106-7689 day/date question

Stevelp

Hello everyone!  Picked up a small bunch of parts from an estate sale awhile back and inside was a box with a Seiko 6106-7689 completely torn down.  I thought the watch was very unique and decided to piece it back together.  The movement is now back together and running very nicely, but when I fit the day and safe wheels that were in the parts box, the day and date don’t line up in the dial window.  My question is, because the crown is at the 4 o clock position, are the day and date wheels specific to the 7689 because they are offset of the crown?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

65628BB6-B4E6-4A08-B8A5-495B2F4C4634.jpeg

Well they're either crown at 4 or crown at 3. I would remove the dial and see if the day and date lines up with the crown.

It could also be a mix and match... not only from the 6106 but 6119 (and most 61xx) models. Do you have the full watch including case, caseback?

Anilv

Yes I have had this issue in the past. The day & date disks look the same but when fitted do not align with the dial window. I have had some that are just a tiny bit out which is annoying. Luckily I picked up a job lot of dial & date disks off eBay a few years ago and have been lucky to find ones that eventually fit. 

• Like 1

Anilv, yes I do have the complete watch with caseback.  The case back does indicate it is a 6106-7689.  Walsey that is a great piece of information that you have there.  The disks that I have are different numbers so I guess I will be on the hunt for those numbers.  Thanks everyone!

The other method with the day wheel is to loosen it with screwdriver by pressing on the star wheel underneath. Realign it. Then gently stake it closed again. 

I have done this method when even the correct fitting wheel wasn't aligning. 

Weirdly not much is spoken about this method in the Seiko community despite me having a problem with the wheels on number of ocassionas mechanical and quartz. 

The date wheel sadly needs to Be replaced or in rare cases repainted if it is NLA or extremely rare (such as omega Moon phase etc. )

• Like 1