Poljot watch dating!

I believe that "Kamhen" simply means jewels, so 16 Kamhen just means 16 jewels.

The movement is actually a ZIM, and I think it is a 2608. The Russian watch caliber numbers actually describe features of the movement. The first two digits give the size in mm, so yours should measure 26mm, the second two comprise a code for the complications that the watch has like center or sub-seconds, date, shock protection etc.

According to Ranfft production started in 1955. The set lever had a screw until 1957 then changed to a push pin, and in 1959 the crown wheel changed from 2 screws to 1 screw.

Yours has a push pin set lever, so after 1957, and two screws for the crown wheel, so before 1959.

I believe that "Kamhen" simply means jewels, so 16 Kamhen just means 16 jewels.
The movement is actually a ZIM, and I think it is a 2608. The Russian watch caliber numbers actually describe features of the movement. The first two digits give the size in mm, so yours should measure 26mm, the second two comprise a code for the complications that the watch has like center or sub-seconds, date, shock protection etc.
According to Ranfft production started in 1955. The set lever had a screw until 1957 then changed to a push pin, and in 1959 the crown wheel changed from 2 screws to 1 screw.
Yours has a push pin set lever, so after 1957, and two screws for the crown wheel, so before 1959.

Many thanks for the info marc!
Would you know anything about it value mate! It’s not my watch, it’s a friend i know, he’s into costume dressing up! He likes to dress up with stuff dating from the right era!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like most Russian watches, if it is serviced and in good working order it is worth far more than you could sell it for.

Value wise if you look on eBay you will find this sort of Poljot going for any where between £5 and £25 depending on condition, it could fetch more but not very likely. Russian watches tend to be very under rated though (in my opinion)and consequently demand far lower prices than their Swiss equivalents.

They are quite capable movements though, and well worth picking up if you're into solid reliable engineering. Unfortunately a lot of them are rather let down by their cases.

• Like 2

Like most Russian watches, if it is serviced and in good working order it is worth far more than you could sell it for.
Value wise if you look on eBay you will find this sort of Poljot going for any where between £5 and £25 depending on condition, it could fetch more but not very likely. Russian watches tend to be very under rated though (in my opinion)and consequently demand far lower prices than their Swiss equivalents.
They are quite capable movements though, and well worth picking up if you're into solid reliable engineering. Unfortunately a lot of them are rather let down by their cases.

Thanks marc! Much appreciated mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50 minutes ago, Marc said:

good refural.    vin

1 hour ago, Marc said:

I might try buying a watch from e  bay.    vin