help ID patek philippe watch

Hello,

I came across this watch but I know nothing about it and couldn't find anything about this particular watch online, I did learn that this brand is really good and expensive.

do you have any information and is it worth buying?

7e688e13efa77337857787e6cfd09294.jpg

99068cbdd7b617a857e91d5b41cfa3e6.jpg

c852555008883805d78c4af55498f7d3.jpg

Edited by Ammar

4 hours ago, Ammar said:

so it's experience, I guess I'm gonna have to get scammed a couple of times in order to get this experience ^_^ 

You aren't scammed paying the price of a genuine item, and that is quite rare. So e.g. the watch above is $40, how can one dream that is genuine?!? Buying it you're however an accessory of the crime of counterfeiting.

• Like 1

One thing that tips it off (aside from the general look and finish, but that takes some experience) is that Patek does very few watches in stainless steel, and when they do, they do the whole case in stainless. They wouldn't have a precious metal watch with a stainless steel back. Also, stainless Pateks are quite sought after, and easy to Google, so little chance of finding one for a few bucks.

Here is my take on that watch.

99068cbdd7b617a857e91d5b41cfa3e6.jpg

Dull appearance of case, poor dial quality, cheap hands, fake moonphase, the knurling on the two "crowns" don't match, the crystal is dull and looks like cheap window glass rather than sapphire, the second hand has fallen off, the dial indices are poorly formed and look like plastic, the case back is poorly engraved... the price is stupidly low, the strap looks like it is made from cardboard... save your pennies for something more appealing.

Patek-Philippe.jpg

Compared with this, where everything is sharp.

This is either genuine, or a much higher quality fake (in this case, it is almost certainly genuine), and therein lies the real problem. 

Poor fakes are generally pretty easy to spot, but there are a lot of much higher quality fakes out there.

5327G_001_1.jpg

Then there is this. An image straight from the manufacturer's own web site.

Again you can see that everything matches, the dial face looks stunning, the indices are well applied, the whole effect is balanced and even the strap oozes quality.

Edited by AndyHull
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, AndyHull said:

Here is my take on that watch.
Dull appearance of case, poor dial quality, cheap hands, fake moonphase, the knurling on the two "crowns" don't match, the crystal is dull and looks like cheap window glass rather than sapphire, the second hand has fallen off, the dial indices are poorly formed and look like plastic, the case back is poorly engraved... the price is stupidly low, the strap looks like it is made from cardboard...

And I've heard that seller has bad breath :biggrin:

These are slam dunks threads really.