Hello

Can someone recommend a Diamond Paste to remove scratches from an Acrylic, Mineral and / or Sapphire crystal? I see various sellers on Ebay and Amazon, however I wonder if anyone in the group can specifically recommend a brand or reply with a link to the product used.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

Michael

This have been covered many times, so in cases like that better use the search function.
Brands don't really matter.
On acrylic you can use some diluted tile detergent, whitening toothpaste, etc and nothing else.
On glass you have to start with wet paper on a rotary tool, everything else would be a waste of time. Finish with oil based diamond paste in syringes, medium-rough grades, fine ones do nothing.
Sapphire shouldn't be possible to scratch.

With an abrasive process, as a practical matter, you move through a series of abrasives each leaving small scratches/a smoother surface. i.e. to gro from a scratch to a surface smooth enough for optical transparency, .    Diamond is no different.   For plastic I've found  a few grades of emery and brasso work very well.  You can get  some really fine get emery paper up to 8000 or 10000 - used to polish plastic aircraft windows.  I think the finest I have is 4000 or 6000....start with say 600 or 1000 and after working up to 4000 or so do a final polish with brasso and plastic crystal seem as clear as new ones.  I use the emery with a bit of water to flush the chips away and there is zero chance of overheating the plastic

Edited by measuretwice