Twisted hairspring, what type tweezer?

Lc130

4 hours ago, yankeedog said:

64 million  dollar  question..

You have the standard answer by nickelsilver above. Personally I find extremely awkward having to work with two sets that have to be kept perfectly vertical and extremely close to each other, and would rather do with an angled tips type, but these don't come with such fine tips. 

On 9/22/2019 at 4:27 AM, jdm said:

You have the standard answer by nickelsilver above. Personally I find extremely awkward having to work with two sets that have to be kept perfectly vertical and extremely close to each other, and would rather do with an angled tips type, but these don't come with such fine tips. 

I bought some cheap ones (angled and straight) and ground them down to finer points which I keep for HS only.  I also put a small elastic  band around the arms which I can move up and down to 'set' the gap of the points.  This stops me inadvertently letting them open too far too soon!!!   BUT I still mess some HS up, hands not steady enough, and I can't mod them!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1