Sign in to follow this  
Flubber

Vintage Seiko 7005-7011 gaskets ?

Question

I'm trying to get my old grandfathers Automatic Seiko up running and I took the movement out of the case today. I figure I will replace the mainspring and I was not able to salvage the o-ring gasket on the stem nor the case back gasket. I don't know if they're supposed to be flat and quite hard. Anyway, the just crumbled apart when I tried to remove them and the case back one had to be removed to get the movement out. My question now is where, or rather how, do I source these parts. I've been searching cousins and they have a lot of parts and I also found an old article in this forum that pointed me to Jules Borel site but it was out of stock there. 

Is there some sort of generic gaskets I may use ? What measurements should I use when searching for new ones ? Where may they be found ?

It would seem that one of the trickier obstacles with this hobby is sourcing new parts, especially when one can only afford to tinker with OLD movements.

On the back it says Seiko 7005-7011 but it sure looks a lot like 7005-7010 I've seen around here.

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, Flubber said:

Thank you. This is a cool document. However, it doesn't seem like the gaskets are a part of the movement but the watch "itself". I will print this doc though !

Correct. Just measure and order by size. Cousins UK has by far the largest selection, I would use the occasion to get few tools and other useful stuff at the same time.

Edited by jdm

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this