Flubber

Sweden calling.

Hi,

All my life I've been interested in watches of all kinds. I started watching videos about watch repairing on YouTube and ended up taking Mark's online course. Before I new it I had bought some tweezers and two China versions of the UNITAS 6497 to tinker with. Great Fun !

Hope I'll see you around

/P

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• If you look at their contact page they give you the complete address which according to Google puts them definitely in India.   I see they also repair watches with very interesting prices. I'm assuming the cost of living in India must be insanely low and hourly wages equally low.   https://www.oldswisswatches.com/watch-repair-services/
    • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_standard_movement Donor "Tongji" movements are relatively easy to find, and since they are "standard", most parts are interchangeable, with the possible exception of the modified parts used to add that oscillating hand. The parts are often, even interchangeable between the automatic and manual wind versions. Furthermore, this movement is still in production in various forms, and at various facilities in China even to this day.
    • There was a very large antique extravaganza this past weeked, near me. Many watches to be found, most were junk with a few exceptions. I found a few that caught my eye.  1. Seiko DX automatic with a stunning green dial (March 1969 vintage) 2. Timex Electric 3. Sears manual 4. Timex Marlin manual with date, early 70s All run great except for the Marlin. I pulled it apart to clean and inspect it. I got it running and keeping good time. Regrettably, in the process of overhauling the movement I lost one of the two tiny winding/setting gears so now it sits until I can source another. If anyone here has a timex #12 movement and can spare one of the two smaller winding gears, I'll buy it! All told, these watches cost $12! The Seiko needs a new Crystal, but is otherwise flawless. I popped a battery in the Timex Electric and it took right off. The Sears winds but feels like the spring may be broken towards the end of of it's length because it doesn't stop when winding and only runs about 24 hours. That said, that may be the normal operations of the watch. It definitely needs a dial overhaul. I feel this is something I'd like to try, especially since it only cost me $1, lol. I'll post pics of the Marlin when I get it back together.
    • Maybe it was mean to show him dropping the bad habit. He stopped smoking in 1973, a bit late as he only lived until 1976. http://www.scielo.org.za/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S0256-95742009000500012
    • Have you tried a "line free" box or demagnetizer to give it a kick start?